Flyers with treatment times-to add or not to add prep time?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riva

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've finally painstakingly designed my new leaflet and will post another thread for another opinion after this. My question- less important for the website as we can elaborate there- but more relevant to leaflets/flyers as it has to be very simple and edited.

For a 60 min treatment eg facial- where prep time might be 5 mins before and 5 mins after; would you advertise the facial as 60 mins or 50/55 mins?
Or can we put a little * that states that times include prep time or other better sounding words?

I give my timings as to how long the treatment takes. So for a facial I’ll put 60 mins but I book out 75 mins. I’m also very thorough that their treatment lasts 60 mins. Not 55 and so on. For the more functional treatments I will put a time but it’s usually less. So a leg wax may be 25 mins but takes me 15 and so on. For the lovely treatments they want to have every minute x

I only state timings on facials and massage treatments (excluding consultation & prep / clear up time).
I don't think it's necessary on other treatments.

Great. That's what I thought too. Every so often have people complaining that they didn't think they received their full time so I'm fussy about it.

I have the time it take me to set up, the client to change, do treatment, get them water and they change back and payment and rebooking and tidy up. I have a hip problem so if I didn’t add that time online the next client can book in immediately as the next one is leaving and I don’t get a chance to rest.

I put the actual time of treatment into the name of the treatment (eg say a 45min facial) and the time of the whole appointment in the treatment time section (50mins). Nobody has ever asked about my timings except one.

She was really rude but she’d been so weird already I was certain she was competition. Asked me how long it takes and why it was 45mins. I was honest and explained my legs can’t take the putting it up and down of tent and the moving around while spraying so I have to have a rest break before I can put it away and set up for my next treatment as I do mostly waxing these days. She didn’t like the answer, so strange! Like it would affect her in some way...but then she came in on a really quiet day and moaned there were ‘no appointments.’ so I took it with a pinch of salt. Then there’s always that some clients like to talk a lot more than others anyway and ask more questions but they usually buy products so that extra time is important so I can give them full attention and the right product for them.

I always advertise my treatment timings without the preparation times. Many years ago it was pretty standard in the industry to advertise treatment time including the preparation and strike times but as customers became more savvy the industry began to change and the treatment time advertised became the actually time under the therapists hands, which I think is much clearer for the client. The only time I don't do this is with electrolysis and I clearly state that the appointment time is for the time spent with the therapist not necessarily in treatment.

So general consensus is to advertise it as treatment under therapist's hands (that's a great way to state it btw rubywoo). And not include prep. Ok. Great. Thank you all : )

Latest posts

Back