Flying tomorrow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The beauty lady

Reaction score
Off to benidorm for the weekend tomorrow. Feeling a bit anxious about it all. Not the holiday but being over there with all that's going on. Anyone else off anytime soon??

Me!!! Lanzarote next Thursday, I'm so desperate for this holiday. My view is I could catch it anywhere, in fact one of the first UK cases was less than half a mile from my home, so what will be wil be.

If we get stuck over there then hey ho...I'm in a private villa with a private pool.....ask me if I'm bothered :cool:

If we had any underlying medical issues I would be more concerned, but we're both relatively healthy.

I'm more anxious that it might get cancelled, I know everyone's safety is important but I'll be gutted

Off to benidorm for the weekend tomorrow. Feeling a bit anxious about it all. Not the holiday but being over there with all that's going on. Anyone else off anytime soon??

I can barely leave the house so I can’t believe you are leaving the country.

My sister is in lockdown in Italy so I’m just waiting for it to be announced here.

Me too, Greece soon!
Will go unless the government stops travel there.
Clients are being sanitised and then some ...[emoji108]

The situation is changing daily, with the Government to make an announcement later this afternoon with new measures to be introduced in an effort to “control” the spread of Coronavirus.

Keep yourselves up to date, before you go, while you’re away, and when you return.

The Irish govt. has just announced that ALL schools, colleges and childcare facilities to close until end of March from 6pm tonight.

Personally, I wouldn’t be planning to travel anywhere at the moment as I’d be worried about getting stuck in a country where you won’t be prioritised for medical care, should you need it.

I am stuck on a surgical ward in a hospital, I having surgery tomorrow and I on a ward with 80+ year old coughers. They seem to be the people at risk. As I fell down my stairs Monday night, thank goodness it was not my client, so I will be out of work until this virus has gone.

most of my clients tell fibs anyway , so not sure if I could work when its get to be more local cases.

I am stuck on a surgical ward in a hospital, I having surgery tomorrow and I on a ward with 80+ year old coughers. They seem to be the people at risk. As I fell down my stairs Monday night, thank goodness it was not my client, so I will be out of work until this virus has gone.

most of my clients tell fibs anyway , so not sure if I could work when its get to be more local cases.

I hope you are doing ok! Let’s hope they sort you out quickly and get you out of there

I hope you are doing ok! Let’s hope they sort you out quickly and get you out of there

I broke a hip and a femur (i 48 I fell very badly) I stuck in here for at least 2 weeks with them coughing at me lol. But on the other hand they want the beds back.

I broke a hip and a femur (i 48 I fell very badly) I stuck in here for at least 2 weeks with them coughing at me lol. But on the other hand they want the beds back.

Take care and stay well. x

Have a fast recovery.

Well I write this now in my room in benidorm. You can guess things are bleak.

Well I write this now in my room in benidorm. You can guess things are bleak.

The situation is changing all the time for everyone, keep yourself as well informed and updated as is possible.

Here is the link to the UK government travel advice page.
If you select the country you are monitoring, you can then set up an email alert if anything changes with that country. Saves searching all the time.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice

Greece are now closing all schools, restaurants, ancient monuments etc etc so that's our trip gone, just waiting for the travel company to contact us!
France are also closing all non-essential businesses too - so that's our Plan B option gone too!

Ours is 99% off too, no actual communication from EasyJet but in the App all flights to Lanzarote unavailable until after we should have departed :(

Ours is 99% off too, no actual communication from EasyJet but in the App all flights to Lanzarote unavailable until after we should have departed :(

[emoji853]

My friend stays in Lanzarote all winter. She messaged me today for a catch up and was saying that she’s confined to her hotel and all restaurants and cafés are closed and you can only leave your accommodation to walk your dog, buy food or visit a pharmacy. Luckily the hotel does great food, she has her laptop and iPad with her and a good WiFi signal, so she can stay in touch easily enough.

So I think it’s best to assume the holiday is postponed for now. :(

My friend stays in Lanzarote all winter. She messaged me today for a catch up and was saying that she’s confined to her hotel and all restaurants and cafés are closed and you can only leave your accommodation to walk your dog, buy food or visit a pharmacy. Luckily the hotel does great food, she has her laptop and iPad with her and a good WiFi signal, so she can stay in touch easily enough.

So I think it’s best to assume the holiday is postponed for now. :(

Yeah, I've been following the Lanzarote Info page, I'd planned planned to park my backside beside my private pool and only leave for to food shop for the 2 weeks so would have been quite happy in lock down, but the flights are cancelled so decision out of my hands anyway.

No chance of rearranging for at least 18 months due to Husband's army schedule. Hoping for flight refund, but will lose accommodation costs as we booked independently. Might be able to claim on insurance but technically the FOC haven't declared no fly, its the Spanish closing the borders.

Like everyone, we're all stuck in this grey area of who can claim for what

This happened on Monday. We got kicked out of our hotel at 9.30 am and just managed to confirm our flight. Spent 3 days in full lockdown being made to stay In doors.

Latest posts

Back