Foil comes off, why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laoura

Reaction score
Hi.i have noticed that when i use foil on a nail after few days it starts to come off.I put the foil on the nail after i buffed it and put the special glue on and then i apply the top coat.and somehow where there is foil, the top coat comes off the then the foil comes off.
Do you have another way to seal it so it stays put?xx

Is this with polish or shellac/gel polish?

I gave up using foils with Shellac as the free edge wear and subsequent exposure of the foils drove me mad. The advice I was given was yo double top coat. I guess the same would apply to normal polish

Is this with polish or shellac/gel polish?

I gave up using foils with Shellac as the free edge wear and subsequent exposure of the foils drove me mad. The advice I was given was yo double top coat. I guess the same would apply to normal polish
Yes i use it with gel polish .maybe the double top coat could do the trick.i will try it. The thing is that i want to try it also with gel overlays and i am thinking if after the foil i apply a layer of builder gel probobly it will be ok??

Latest posts

Back