Foil or balayage placement for 4-5 inches of new growth

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddiealgeciras

Reaction score
Hi, everyone! I have a client who has a natural level 7, very fine hair who has about 4-5 inches of new growth. (The rest of her hair is about to her shoulders). She normally has a full heavy highlight, the majority is pretty solid at this point (a level 9/10). I did a full/HEAVY foil (sectioned into quadrants and foiling horizontally all the way up) on her yesterday, trying to be careful because she doesn't have a ton of hair and it's super fine. We both weren't satisfied with the results. Normally I would let my client know that it may take a few sessions to get everything matching, but for some reason I felt like the heavy foil would do the trick, especially since she doesn't have a ton of hair. Anyway, there is still a serious line of demarcation. I'm wondering if you have a foil placement you suggest to give maximum coverage of those roots? Or if you think a balayage tequnique would be best? I wasn't sure if I should try this because of the fineness of her hair plus I need it to be a level 9/10, and I can't seem to get my balayages that light in one session. Tell me what you think, your input is greatly. Appreciated!!

I would spatch in between the foils with a level 7

Latest posts

Back