Foiling, where do you start?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gryfiss

Reaction score
I was taught to start at the top and just clip the foil up out of the way and work my way down

I've now been told to start at the bottom and work my way up

It's taking me so long staring at the bottom working up I guess I've been doing it the other way for 10 years . Does it really make a difference I've tried doing half one way and half the other and I can't see a difference .

Is there a better reason to start at the bottom I've never had any slippage or bleed doing the later .

What do you all do ?

Thank you

Mostly, I start at the bottom depending on what pattern I’m following. That was the way I was taught and you’re not faffing with clips so much.
However, there is no right way to do it, if you’re getting good results without bleeding then carry on doing it your preferred way.

It’s the results that count, not the method!

As stated above there is no right way it's down to the individual. However I think the plus side of starting from the bottom is that you can rinse foils from underneath, to stop breakage and over developing. X

Startling at the back means you can do a staggered removal

Thank you for all of you reply's it's been really stressing me out ! I think I could still use the same patterns but work from the back bottom first but start with my sections and foil down them that way I could still remove the nack easily first . I agree the sides and hair line almost look better startion grom the bottom there . Im going to try this its been putting me in a right tizz ! Xx

I
I was taught to start at the top and just clip the foil up out of the way and work my way down

I've now been told to start at the bottom and work my way up

It's taking me so long staring at the bottom working up I guess I've been doing it the other way for 10 years . Does it really make a difference I've tried doing half one way and half the other and I can't see a difference .

Is there a better reason to start at the bottom I've never had any slippage or bleed doing the later .

What do you all do ?

Thank you
I always start at the bottom and make my way up to the lower crown and then fringe up to the crown.
Or sometime I'll work from fringe to the top of the crown, and then from the bottom to meet the crown. The only time I start at the top and then work underneath my sections is if I piggy back colours!

Latest posts

Back