Foiling with bleach and Wella Koleston?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discohair

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks, i'm foiling a clients hair next week, she currently has 2/3 inches regrowth and bleach on mid l and ends, she is a base 7/8, she wants to keep with the bleach but also wants a caramel added to break it up, i was thinking of x2 bleach packets with x1 7/38 wella koleston, i have 7/37 but worried it might come out too gold? Any thoughts or different ideas? Much appreciated, a little low on colour confidence x

Hi fellow geeks, i'm foiling a clients hair next week, she currently has 2/3 inches regrowth and bleach on mid l and ends, she is a base 7/8, she wants to keep with the bleach but also wants a caramel added to break it up, i was thinking of x2 bleach packets with x1 7/38 wella koleston, i have 7/37 but worried it might come out too gold? Any thoughts or different ideas? Much appreciated, a little low on colour confidence x

i dont use well so don't know the colours, but use colour touch for the lowlights, not koleston.

Thanks for reply , won't it fade quicker though? Her hair isn't porous, and is in good condition?

Quasi are always better than permanent x

When covering bleach or just in general? X

Can i ask why u think this? X

Quasi is conditions and because of how the molecule is formed and how it works with the activator it's better for the hair x

Oh ok, thanks its good to get others opinions, and i value yours x

Quasi is conditions and because of how the molecule is formed and how it works with the activator it's better for the hair x

Sorry to butt in, but when would you use a quasi and when a permanent ?

Sorry to butt in, but when would you use a quasi and when a permanent ?

Permanent for lift and grey coverage...I don't know about blue as I use a different brand but I find reds are much better with permanent and 10% than in quasi.
You use affinage don't you fuzion? Or am I getting you mixed up with someone else lol

Hi perry i value your opinion also! My client has got 20/30% grey , a quasi won't give coverage will it? I might use 6% on roots (koleston) and use same but with pastel developer on mids and ends?

Hi perry i value your opinion also! My client has got 20/30% grey , a quasi won't give coverage will it? I might use 6% on roots (koleston) and use same but with pastel developer on mids and ends?

I'm not great with wella, I've only used it in small amounts so I can't help you there I'm afraid. Although something in the back of my mind is saying 'colour touch blends, colour touch plus covers lol'

Colour Touch covers 50% white/grey
Colour Touch plus covers 70% white/grey
Koleston covers 100%

#i use wella :)

Hi, what would u use, ( relating to my original post) i've just moved from majirel to wella x

I'd do 7/37 really nice colour or like I've said somewhere else, 7.3 with 5ml 7.0 Is great too :) x

Latest posts

Back