Foiling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toni

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips on foiling, anytime I try it. The slightest knock off a nail will remove it.

I've tried a tiny amount of glue and different kinds of sealers but nothing seems to keep it on.

sawasdee ka

If you look ka sa ra have tutorial for foil and maybe about 6 or 7 more thing for you to try .

Kop khun ka mui

What sealers are you using? I use a sealer suitable for metallics and then put a top coat over that, not a problem with it if its completely covered with sealer and top coat

Hi, When i do foils i apply 2 coats of nail art sealer and then topcoat, and it always stay put, Hope this helps sweet.
Lesley P

Thanks,

The sealer I got is the one with the foil, I'll try the top coat instead. Does anyone know if Special FX foil kits can be bought anywhere outside the UK. QVC won't ship out of the UK, the goods are considered flamable

Totally mad, i know, but it works!

If you spray a small amount of hairspray over the nails prior to sealing, it helps prevent the "crocodile effect" that can happen when you top coat.

Unfortunately foil does not often last longer than about 1 - 2 weeks but the effects are stunning.

Professional Nails came out this morning and they have put a whole page of my foil designs in it, i was really chuffed!

Love Chocolate xx

Does anyone know if Special FX foil kits can be bought anywhere outside the UK.

Special FX are actually produced by United Beauty - you might know them better as "Spangles".

They are widely available at Salon Services and Sally's, and also in the Beauty Express catalog.

Hope this helps :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back