Foils-how close to the scalp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thiago

Reaction score
Hi geeks how close to the scalp do you guys really go I did see a post on here b4 someone saying should leave a bit from the scalp but guys I never see anyone doing highlights like the guy in Toni guy
He goes right into the scalp he paint it till the last bit he doesn't leave anything at all I asked him how lol he said lots of practice but its impossible to paint the roots and not bleed I said he said no just make your bleach weak and won't bleed omg his highlight is the best. And he done lots hairs and none had bleeding wow wow...

It's all about the sections and tension you have to take small sections and hold the foil tight xx

If you take really small sections you will get closer to the scalp x

I know I do that I got pretty close to the scalp but girls I mean he paint it right in the scalp right right there.. Like he doesn't leave any tiny bit lol... But I couldn't believe what I saw the other girl that also does highlights she did a client and it did bleed and they did let the client go home with few bleach marks can u believe... And he also put heat on!?! Doesn't it make it bleed?

I know I do that I got pretty close to the scalp but girls I mean he paint it right in the scalp right right there.. Like he doesn't leave any tiny bit lol... But I couldn't believe what I saw the other girl that also does highlights she did a client and it did bleed and they did let the client go home with few bleach marks can u believe... And he also put heat on!?! Doesn't it make it bleed?

Never ever ever put heat on bleach!! It speeds it up, but has been proven very damaging for the hair itself, do not learn to cut corners, it won't help you out in the future :(

Sometimes girls I used to work with did that with bleach, make it quite thick and only put a little bit on so there wasn't much there to bleed, if I did that it would prob look awful! Lol I do it on myself sometimes and end up with lines across my head lol x

Sometimes girls I used to work with did that with bleach, make it quite thick and only put a little bit on so there wasn't much there to bleed, if I did that it would prob look awful! Lol I do it on myself sometimes and end up with lines across my head lol x

Yeah the client had several lines around the back she had dark hair and with blonde line anyone can see but she can't as its in the back. Lol

Yes I can truly Beleive that!
It's Toni & Guy! It's not a big fancy name that's owned by one person, it's joe bloggs from down the road that's got enough money for a franchise!

this is the whole point of clients having their roots touched up, so they leave with no root!!!! it comes with practise!

Too right!

Yeah but we had a topic on here few days ago and everyone even said to leave few mm from the roots so it doesn't bleed!!!! But he doesn't he paint right to the roots his highlights is the best ever really... And no bleed at all...

With age comes perfection and years of practice!

With age comes perfection and years of practice!

I guess so lol. ;). I will try getting even closer now.. After I see him doing it..

Yeah but we had a topic on here few days ago and everyone even said to leave few mm from the roots so it doesn't bleed!!!! But he doesn't he paint right to the roots his highlights is the best ever really... And no bleed at all...
Thiago, it does take practice bit fine sections work better , you should shadow your colleague and watch his technique , believe it or not regardless of the big fancy name , t&g offer some of the best training in the world so take advantage , we aren't the only sponsor of fashion week for nothing ;) get involved and enjoy !!

Thiago, it does take practice bit fine sections work better , you should shadow your colleague and watch his technique , believe it or not regardless of the big fancy name , t&g offer some of the best training in the world so take advantage , we aren't the only sponsor of fashion week for nothing ;) get involved and enjoy !!

Thanks yes I was there watching him all day haha... He's sooooo gooooooood. His highlights just wow..

Thanks yes I was there watching him all day haha... He's sooooo gooooooood. His highlights just wow..

That's good , keep it up and remember practice makes perfect !! I often sit with a dolls head practicing various techniques that I may not have used in a while just so i don't get rusty ;)

Its mainly on how you mix and your sections, if doing chunky sections you won't get close, go fine.
I tend to leave a mm or 2 with bleach so there is room for extension if I fold the foil into packets, but if I can I prefer to leave them open so the bleach expands outward not up,
You can then get closer to the root. But if painting on the scalp too remember the peroxide strengths. Xoxo

Its mainly on how you mix and your sections, if doing chunky sections you won't get close, go fine.
I tend to leave a mm or 2 with bleach so there is room for extension if I fold the foil into packets, but if I can I prefer to leave them open so the bleach expands outward not up,
You can then get closer to the root. But if painting on the scalp too remember the peroxide strengths. Xoxo

He fold the foils and still no bleed. The only reason I don't do it is coz it take longer lol it already take me around a hour for full head lol if I fold all will take 10 haha

He fold the foils and still no bleed. The only reason I don't do it is coz it take longer lol it already take me around a hour for full head lol if I fold all will take 10 haha

It's not a race, your clients are paying for a quality service

It's not a race, your clients are paying for a quality service

An hour? Takes me between 1hr 20 and 1hr 30 !!! As blue said it isn't a race!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back