Foils or easi meche

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dee

supernatural geek
Reaction score
cambridge,ON canada .. but originally from uk , lo
just wondering which you guys prefer using ? , have used both over the yrs but at the moment meche seems to annoy me :lol:

Not a hair professional but have had both methods and the foils win hands down for me as a client.

The meche just doesnt get the same effect for me, the foils seem to get closer.

You probably didnt want to know that lol

Champagne x

I have used easi meche many years ago and I hated it, I use foil these days, my hairdresser uses foam packets (not sure what they are called!)

i prefer foils defo. at our salon we have a junior who places the foil infor you and holds it, so its firm and close to the root and of course cuts time down- its fantastic!! :)

hi
definately foils, easimeche is so expensive and dosn't work as well, i need to get to clients roots and you really can't with meche. its only good point is that you can ceck the colour easier !

I like using foils, i cant get on with meche, but saying that becasue i am at college we have to wear gloves....so i find meche quite hard with gloves on...i find foam easier but foils the easiest....

HI

The foam is called wraps i think. I prefer foils myself, infact i was going to order this little baby
:Look_righProcare UK:Look_left

We, well the girls spend so much time preparing foil it ridiculous!! And they spend so long prepping the foil and its gone in an hour!

i quite like this , and the price is good too , it cuts and folds aswell :green:

http://www.salonsdirect.com/PD_[q]Quick-Form[q]-Foil-Cutter_72913.aspx

I use foils . They r quick & easy.

I guess I'm old school , I pick up & fold them myself....LOL

Hi, Dee , foils here too , but Ill try anything new that looks good , I tried that foil with the plastic window in it but it was so flimsy,
that machine looks good too ,
anyone got one yet ?
I couldn't get your link to work Dee, :hug: x

Foil every time! Easy meche are not 'easy' they don't get close enough to the root and its a pain in the bum opening them up, especially when you havent got an assistant available!

Hi, Dee , foils here too , but Ill try anything new that looks good , I tried that foil with the plastic window in it but it was so flimsy,
that machine looks good too ,
anyone got one yet ?
I couldn't get your link to work Dee, :hug: x

if you go to the website hun and go into the hair book , go to colouring and perming , it has a section for foils & dispensers (i actually prefer to look in the proper book , you can ask em to send you one )
hth xxx

Hi , thanks Dee Ill have a look now :hug: x

Foils are loads better!! I'm quite anal about my foils, they can't be creased and the top has to be folded over twice but very small, like 1cm lol It takes the Assistants ages and I get earache from my boss so i rip and fold them myself because i can do it loads quicker

foils , but im really fussy about the weight i like the hi/lo foil just cant get on with wella foil 2 thick its like folding a fajita .

I learned with foil (prefer foil- some what anal about my foil, they all must be the same size, until I reach the top of a triangle or diagonal and then they are half the size. All folded in half and in half again with one side in. Left side for light, right for dark..I could go on but I think you get the point)

The salon I worked in used paper or foam, similar to the meches but thinner, HATED them, begged and pleaded for foils- won, and back to foiling for me. I leave it up to the individual student on their preference, one of our instructors likes paper the other one meches.

I tried the clear foils, they were ok, but I wasn't impressed for the cost. We go through foils by the case! We'll stick to foils for the most part.

I prefer foils personally i think they they are better than easy meche easier to get on with and less expensive. I could never get to grips with easy meche it seemed as if I needed 4 hands when using them.
I dont think they get close enough to the root but thats imo :)

foils , but im really fussy about the weight i like the hi/lo foil just cant get on with wella foil 2 thick its like folding a fajita .

Hi, lol x totally agree Wella foils are pretty thick and heavy ,
Salon Direct do some nice pre cut foils in a white tray ,
but don't get that lightweight gold ,silver, or purple
stuff that is supposed to increase the heat :eek: it is so fly away
its like trying to fold a butterfly (not that I ever have though lol x )
:hug: minky x

I love foils, they get so much nearer to the root. My trainee cuts them and I pick them up and fold them under the hair. So much cheaper as well.

Latest posts

Back