Foils?????????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glittergirl

Blingin' Brummie Geek
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone tell me about foils i've seen and heard about them but don't know how to apply any ideas?

Foil adhesive is applied in the area on the nail that you want the foil to be. It is allowed to go clear (normally they start out with a blue tinge). In the meantime cut off a bit of foil the size you need. You then apply it over the glued area and press hard and it leaves it on the nail. Nail wrap finishing sealer is applied to seal it in - not difficult at all. Hope that made sense.

its so easy, some adhesives have a cloudy appearance to them but like carole said they go clear and sticky, the you place the foil over it rip it off and walla!!! u have a pattern on the nail. seal it with sealer. they are fab when you want nail art quick and easy.

hope this helps
tina x x x

Like the Carole and Snuggles have said already, but you need pattern side facing you when you apply, and really rub with with cotton wool or a nail wip to get the foil to adhere well to the nail....hth

Thanx guys,

I'll buy some foil and have a go.

Just a note on the sealer, I love foils but every sealer I had didn't do the job, so I've started to use the Brisa UV Gel to seal it. It lasts so much longer, the only thing is you have to buff it off to change your nails.

talkin about gels to seal, can any one tell me everytime I use quattro for that added shine on top of nails it always remains sticky no matter how long I cure for any ideas folks?

I use stars foils and sealer and never had a prob!

Latest posts

Back