follow on from the dieting thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanleyann

squeeky macgeeky
Reaction score
i have been reading through the posts about dieting and i began to think about all the different diets on the go just now and the variety of foods that you can eat.....gone are the days of being on a diet and eating only what is classed as rabbit food ;)

anyway i thought it would be a good idea if we could all share our fave recipes or snack or treats while dieting so here is one of mine.....i am on slimming world but this is a low fat healthy snack for any diet.....

i take a packet of snackajacks (6 sins on slimming world) and i top each one with a scoop of lowest fat cottage cheese and then i pop a cherry tomato or a pickled onion on top of the cottage cheese and then i lay them all out on a plate and it really looks as if i have a huge plate of snacks infront of me.....this is free on both red and green days but if you wanted to have it on a red day and add something extra you can cut some meat into little squares and pop that under the cottage cheese

so come on, share all your tasty recipes with us :D

stanleyann

right here is mine , put 6 tb sp canderel in a pan with 1/2 pint milk (skim/semi skim whatever u prefer) bring to boil pour onto 2 whisked eggs and mix, let it cool and then put in the oven on about 180/190 till it looks cooked, only thing missing is the pastry (i am on slimming world and this is no sins) if u use your days supply of milk if not i dont think it is high , also u can put nutmeg on the top if u like

I'm at slimming world too.

My easy pudding recipe is

1 pot of strawberry mullerlight
1 sachet of rowntrees strawberry jelly crystals (I always use rowentrees as i find this works best - but it could just be me!)

Pour 3/4 of a pint of boiling water water into a jug, mix in jelly crystals throughly, cool slightly (i just leave it on the side whilst i have a coffee!) and then stir in your mullerlight really well, or you get white bits in the pudding, which is fine but try telling the other half it's not mold!!!. pour into dishes and chill until set.

Either day 2 sins for the whole thing!!

I sometimes add strawberries to it, or even some frozen fruit (make sure it has no added sugar on the ingredients list or these would be sins)

And of course, you can change the flavours, fav at mo is blackcurrant and the new blackcurrent mullerlight.

another slimming world fave of mine is the easy beef pate.....it is from the old slimming world recipes, if anyone has been at slimming world for a while they will know all about the changes concerning food that used to be free but now has sins......i still follow the old rules as it still works but they had to change it because of the salt content in tinned foods :sad:

anyway here is the recipe......

chop up 1 tin of lean corned beef and blend together with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 and a half tablespoons of fat free fromage frais or natural yogurt, half a red onion finely chopped, half a red pepper finely chopped, half a teaspoon of paprika, a good few pinches of fresh parsley and salt and pepper.......this can then be eaten on toast or on crackers.

as i said this used to be free on slimming world on the old plan but now you would need to see how many sins in a tin of lean corned beef.

it doesnt sound too nice and to be honest it isnt the most appetising thing to look at but i can assure you it is very yummy :biggrin:

stanleyann

Hi,

As a Slimming World consultant 6 years and ex manager (as well as a Nail Tech) the plan was changed with regards to processed foods because the manufacturers were constantly changing ingrediants, also going back to fresh produce meant better weight losses which is what members want. the likes of corned beef, and macaroni are no longer free as members were making sauces out of the macaroni cheese thus having two meals in one. eating a tin would fill you but blend it to a sauce is a different story, quiches from corned beef etc. it was not because of the salt content as salt does not put weight on you, hope this helps if any one wants any help just ask!!!

Heres a slimming world chocolate treat.

Take some natural youghurt and mix in a options (the hot choc drinks) stir and walla! choc mousse.

Its gorg!

Best diet recipe in the world? Do more, eat less!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharnie said:
Hi,

As a Slimming World consultant 6 years and ex manager (as well as a Nail Tech) the plan was changed with regards to processed foods because the manufacturers were constantly changing ingrediants, also going back to fresh produce meant better weight losses which is what members want. the likes of corned beef, and macaroni are no longer free as members were making sauces out of the macaroni cheese thus having two meals in one. eating a tin would fill you but blend it to a sauce is a different story, quiches from corned beef etc. it was not because of the salt content as salt does not put weight on you, hope this helps if any one wants any help just ask!!!

it was the consultant at my slimming world class that told us about the salt content thing being one of the reasons why the diet was changed....i know that salt does not lead you to put on weight, it was more a health thing because as everyone knows too much salt intake is not a good thing......the thing is the old style plan still works if you follow it properly as my mum and brother still follow that plan as does the consultant that i mentioned.....i also find it better as its easier to ope a tin of something when you are really hungry rather that try and prepare something from scratch, as that always leads to me picking at food while i am waiting for something to cook

stanleyann

Latest posts

Back