Follow-up calls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Chick

Reaction score
Does anyone do follow-up calls to clients?

I can't decide whether this would be a nice courteous gesture or whether I'd come across as just being pushy. Would I be leaving myself open to offering to sort out all sort of little niggles the client might think is wrong?

I'd appreciate any opinions??

Nail Chick said:
Does anyone do follow-up calls to clients?

I can't decide whether this would be a nice courteous gesture or whether I'd come across as just being pushy. Would I be leaving myself open to offering to sort out all sort of little niggles the client might think is wrong?

I'd appreciate any opinions??

Just read the thread again and realised I got it wrong! Duh!

Follow up calls are a good idea! It shows clients that you care, and you value thier custom. If you are confident in your skills and know you have given a correct reccomendation and aftercare advice, and made the client aware of any potential problems due to thier work / life style etc, then you cant go far wrong!

Try it out hun! Good luck!

i always follow up with a call on all nail enhancements usually after 3 days

i don't. i book them in for a rebalance while i am there, and give them an aftercare leaflet and advise them how to look after them, but i don't do a follow up call unless it is to remind them of their appt. i feel a follow up call would suggest i am not confident in my own work, and if they pick up on that then you're asking for trouble.

I'm "old school" Every Friday, my students spend an hour in the morning adressing their thank you cards. We use a post card, less expensive postage and additional advertizing (your card gets handled by no less that 3 people on the way to its destination) Our cards say We appreciate you! Please come see us again. Or Thank you for your visit, Please come see us again. There is space for the student to sign and for a dated sticker reminding them of their pre booked appointment or offering a discount or gift (small token) if they bring the card back in with them for their next service. (we usually allow 3 weeks for the cards to come back in)

Not only does the client feel good, it promotes our business, reminds them who we are and what we do, but it tells them that we care and that they are important to us.

It teaches my students good manners and hopefully not to take a client for granted. With out the client, we wouldn't have a job!!

I do a follow up call a week after they have had a service. I ask them how are their nails doing? do they have any questions for me? and i also remind them of their next appointment, or if i forgot to reschedule their two week visit, i book it then for them. yes, sometimes they do tell you about problems they may have and this is EXACTLY what i do want!! well, i hope they are getting on fine with them and are loving them- but if they are not liking them and having problems i want to know about it so i can correct the mistakes and get them back into the salon!! i want them coming back to ME to fix their nails, not somewhere else- or worse decide to bite them all off. sure, some clients may not return- but this way i know "why" if they dont come back- but also if they arent loving them for what ever reason i have a chance to correct the mistakes, and turn a potential " negative" experince into a positive one- and hopefully a long term client!! i think calling and checking on our clients after a service shows we are dedicated and take our professions seriously- most all great businesses do a "follow up call" and it is great customer service. even if we are only a small business and its just us doing nails- we should still always be business smart and professional. so if some nail techs arent doing "follow ups" i would highly recommend starting. after all dont you ever wonder why a client doesnt return?? this way you will know the answer.

Thanks for the encouragement. I've spent today doing some follow-up calls and they've all been positive, which was a great boost for my confidence.

I do agree that a lack of confidence might come through - like you're expecting there to be a problem - but if you're careful about what you say and the way you say it surely it will be good PR. I might change my mind after I've had a whiner lol!!

I like the idea of the postcard too - I might give that a go.

Buggy said:
i don't. i book them in for a rebalance while i am there, and give them an aftercare leaflet and advise them how to look after them, but i don't do a follow up call unless it is to remind them of their appt. i feel a follow up call would suggest i am not confident in my own work, and if they pick up on that then you're asking for trouble.

i agree with this statement, its like you are waiting/ expecting something to happen. I always say 'if you have any questions or problems just give me a call'.

elfprincessem said:
i agree with this statement, its like you are waiting/ expecting something to happen. I always say 'if you have any questions or problems just give me a call'.
SNAP

the postcard idea is wicked!

Latest posts

Back