Foot and mouth back !!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyHands

Reaction score
OMG its back... first case in surrey..
Hope its no where near as bad as last time..
Fingers crossed and prayers being sent to all those they may need it

i was shocked that it is here again, it seems so soon after the last outbreak.

i hope they have contained it quickly enough this time. how is it getting into the country again.:confused:

Yeah, and we are right on the edge of the 3 km protection zone :eek: and very much in the 10km surveillance zone. Press helicopters have been around all morning and no one is really sure what the restrictions actually are.

I know one thing though, its gonna be hell trying to get about anywhere round here.....after a week in hospital we were going to try and have a nice shopping trip to Guildford and lunch out at a country pub. Somehow I think not now!

Yup, I've just spotted this too and thought, oh noooooo! Let us hope and pray it is an isolated case and spreads no further, although goodness knows where feet and vehicle tyres have transported it too.

Hopefully this will be the only case, but the way it spreads means it could be anywhere by now. We'll only know the extent of the problem once the cause is identified. I work for Defra, so that's me dead busy next week! Hope I don't get called in this weekend....may turn my phone off!

theres a case of foot in mouth on this site at least twice a week :)

they only called it "PMT" because "mad cow disease" was already taken

PMSL:lol::lol::lol:

well I've just read that they think the source maybe leaked from a nearby lab Disease strain linked to nearby lab - Yahoo! News UK

I worked there during the last outbreak! :eek: I really don't see how it could have got out. The biosecurity measures in place there are awesome! If that is the source then they should be able to stop the spread pretty sharpish.

PMSL... glad your back:hug::hug:

It is so sad because my two neices are arriving from South Africa in a couple of weeks time and I was hoping to take them to either Woburn Safari Park or Longleat. Woburn is apparently closed due to this outbreak and I would imaging Longleat might be closed as well.

I realise that it is in the best interests to protect other animals, but such a shame as the sun is finally shining on damp old England.

I hope this is sorted soon so that no more culling needs to take place. It's heart breaking:cry:.

We could hear quite e lot of shots ringing out last night from our back garden....military shooting ranges are all shut at weekend night-time round here, so I can only presume it was the 2nd cull.....its less than a mile from us. So sad that healthy animals have had to be killed as a precaution too.

Latest posts

Back