Foot In Mouth Experiences!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smartypantz

Reaction score
The title says it all really.

Last night I was hosting karaoke, I went up to a couple, who looked like they may want to join in but were shy, so I said "Would either of you like to sing? I can guarantee I will have something that you could do!" The lady mouthed back, to me, using sign language as well "Sorry but we are both deaf and dumb" I just wanted the floor to open:o

I am thinking I cannot be the only person on this earth that has had things like this happen to them, so what are your worst moments? Go on please share:)

I used to be an intensive care nurse. I had been off work for a few days during which time one of our very sick patients ( we will call him Mr. Smith ) died. I had not nursed him myself and a few days off had left me somewhat out of the loop iykwim :rolleyes:.

Anyway, the family of Mr. Smith came in with a massive big basket of beautiful fruit and chocolates to say thank you to all the staff for their care. I happened to be the person to greet them and accept their gift, but not realizing that Mr. Smith had died during my absence, I cheerfully asked them how he was doing ?? :smack: . His wife looked at me confused and said..... "he died".

No hole would have been big enough for me to hide in!

I do this all the time, ive learnt a bit of tack on how to get around it now but it's always ladies that may or may not be pregnant!! Or you're wondering if their offspring is a boy or girl! Every friggin time i say the wrong thing....maybe coz i dont have kids (thank god!) Always helps if they laugh with you i guess! xoxo

I do this all the time, ive learnt a bit of tack on how to get around it now but it's always ladies that may or may not be pregnant!! Or you're wondering if their offspring is a boy or girl! Every friggin time i say the wrong thing....maybe coz i dont have kids (thank god!) Always helps if they laugh with you i guess! xoxo

Ah well, I have to admit to going home and crying quite a few times when people suggest to my kids and have you another brother or sister on the way!! its not as if my figure has changed i've always been 'stocky'.
best not to say if you're not sure - these smock tops don't help though do they - makes everyone look pregnant:eek:

Talking to a blind lady who had a lovely guide dog. I said I have a dog too but jokingly said the contant hoovering to remove the dog hairs was a problem. She told me not to her as she couldn't see either the dog hairs or the carpet and wished she could see to hoover. Yep foot in mouth ............ again x:eek:

In another career I occasionally worked with a really nice woman, let's call her Jane. whom I assumed was a transvestite as she always dressed in men's clothing. I didn't see her often.
Anyway another colleague and I booked in for a course with a tutor whose surname was the same as Jane's, but this was "John". I wondered if they were related. When John walked in I turned to my colleague and said "Wow! They're not just brother and sister, they must be twins!" I couldn't understand why she gave me a huge dig in the ribs.Yes, Jane was transexual and had been preparing for life as a man and was now John. I still feel bad about it, not because of my reaction which was down to naivety, but because in the break I should have said something like "Congratulations" or the likes and I missed the opportunity as I never saw him again.

i have a bad one, in my busy salon it can get quite loud, my client was telling me a story and i couldnt hear her so i just smiled and nodded then said " ohh thats lovely" i put the dryer off and she said " so the funerals on friday" i wanted the world to swallow me up:cry:

All the time!! And that's exactly what I call it - foot in mouth disease!! Haha.

Last week I had one of my regulars in for a spray tan. She brought her baby with her, and her brother stayed with the baby in the waiting area.
As I was spraying my client, I commented on how alike her and her brother were... She took a fit of laughing and told me it was her sister!! I nearly died of embarrassment and kept apologising. She said her sister has just 'came out' as a lesbian and people constantly think she's a boy. MORTIFIED!! Xx

Last two were too funny!!
Lmao! x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

My mum has a habit of foot inmouth experiences!

When I was little we saw my uncle (we'd not seen him for years).
She was asking how he was and he replied 'not very good, we had a house fire'. So my mum went on to ask how it started? 'It was the lodger!!'
'OH!!! I bet you could have bloody well killed him!!!!!'

'Er.... he died in the fire!!!'

Doh - needless to say my mother died on the spot!

I currently work in a call centre and amongst other things you have to "build rapport" with the customers.

I was getting on well with a fairly young customer and laughingly said to her "I love your email address!" as it was "lazybones" and a load of numbers after it.

She said thanks - I've got M.E.

Awkward moment but luckily she didn't take offence

x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I am ALWAYS doing this.

I had a young girl in the salon the other day,got on well and chatted away as you do.
She asked me what time she would be finished as she was being picked up.
So later on we are just finishing up when a man comes into the salon. I tell her that her dad is here to pick her up. She just looked at me and started laughing turns our her dad was not her dad but her boyfriend. Go me lol

I used to do Avon few years back , and I went to deliver a large order to one house the lady wasn't in but her daughter came to the door I had the products , and she handed me a bunch of notes I also had the invoice & her new book in my hands and was fishing to get her change out and struggling ,So with out looking up I held out her bag of stuff and said I wish I had more hands , I looked up she only had one arm!

Www.lilmissbuffit.com

I used to do Avon few years back , and I went to deliver a large order to one house the lady wasn't in but her daughter came to the door I had the products , and she handed me a bunch of notes I also had the invoice & her new book in my hands and was fishing to get her change out and struggling ,So with out looking up I held out her bag of stuff and said I wish I had more hands , I looked up she only had one arm!

Www.lilmissbuffit.com

Oh my god :/
How bad can your luck get?
I laughed for ages at this!!
x

I tend to be very careful what I say these days.

When in high school (early 90s when walkmans were all the rage), one of the boys was a bit annoying. One lunch hour he came to our table and was being a bit of a twat and annoying us, eventually he went to leave. Put his earphones back in turned around and walked a couple of steps. I said 'no wonder no one likes him'.

He spun back around and says 'I haven't turned it on yet'...

I could have died on the spot...

I am ALWAYS doing this.

I had a young girl in the salon the other day,got on well and chatted away as you do.
She asked me what time she would be finished as she was being picked up.
So later on we are just finishing up when a man comes into the salon. I tell her that her dad is here to pick her up. She just looked at me and started laughing turns our her dad was not her dad but her boyfriend. Go me lol

A friend had this happen with his ex wife. He went in to have a vascetomy. One of the nurses said 'it's lovely your Mums come to get you'....it was his wife...he burst out laughing, but she wasn't impressed.

Latest posts

Back