Foot spa or pedi bowl?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aayspa

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondering what you all use/prefer in your salons

Do you use traditional foot spa's with bubble/vibrate functions or do you use these rather nice looking but plain Pedicure bowls that literally just hold water and don't have any "special effects"

Trying to decide whats best. Obviously these pedi bowls are easier to clean and disinfect and of course don't use valuable electric but do clients want and expect bubbles and vibrations to enhance their relaxing soak?

What do you think...

x

Hi everyone,

Just wondering what you all use/prefer in your salons

Do you use traditional foot spa's with bubble/vibrate functions or do you use these rather nice looking but plain Pedicure bowls that literally just hold water and don't have any "special effects"

Trying to decide whats best. Obviously these pedi bowls are easier to clean and disinfect and of course don't use valuable electric but do clients want and expect bubbles and vibrations to enhance their relaxing soak?

What do you think...

x
I invested in a footsy spa - love it!! Clients think its great too; the water stays at the same temp throughout treatment, and you can choose to have it on vibrate too; plus it comes with disposable container, which is light and easy to carry; definately a good investment from my point of view :))

The footsie bath would be the only foot spa i would consider because of the hygiene but I rather like the look of the big wooden pedicure bowls, they are quite oriental looking and ritualistic which is the look and environment I am going for but worried clients will miss the bubbles. Would you?

x

I like my footsy bath too. I like it because I can't bothered to clean and sterilise it between clients and with this you don't need to. Change the liner and it's fine. Great for back to back treatments. It costs more with the liners and everything but saves time in cleaning.

I used foot spa with heat and massage for a long time, but I never felt comfortable with it, although I used to clean it and desinfect it very carefully.
I have invested in Footsie and I already feel much better :) I hope my clients will like it too, I just got it yesterday.

Heat was always important, I take my time with pedicures and hated water getting cold during treatment. Especially in winter. And I had a problem with finding spa with heat but without massage - too much bubbles sometimes - when I finally found it I was happy until I realised desinfection issue is still bothering me. Anyway simple bowl with no heat would never work for me, feet in cold water brrrr :).

I would never put my clients feet in cold water that would be awful!!

I only use the water at the beginning of the treatment to soak and exfoliate. If i'm doing a luxury pedi with mask etc I remove it with heated towels/cloths for that nice warm touch

I also love the Footsie. Easy to carry, easy to clean and no wasted time in between back to back pedicures. :)

I only use the bowl to soak at the beginning and then use cloths. I always put in some nice smelling foot soak and coloured old fashioned marbles so the client can play about with them with their feet. A nice wee touch

Latest posts

Back