football nails!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

disco lisa

Reaction score
hiya i'm just looking for any tips out there! i've been asked today to perform a french mainicure on a lady next week and on the thumb nails the st georges cross which i said yes to as it is very easy in theory but when practising on my own nail my cross seems to be a little lopsided!!lol! any clues on how to sharpen it up a little?

Hi there,

Im working on loads of England nails at the moment as I am doind an England Promotion. I have done quite a few and I am hoping to get them up on here asap.

What are you using to draw the cross? Have you tryed the Nubar pens?

Hi, i sometimes have problems doing straight lines especially when going over the curve of the nail. You could always use striping tape to help cover the edges making sure you cut it slightly short and cover the ends with top coat other wise it lifts.

Or as was suggested the Nubar pens are great as have the striping brush in them as well as the dotting pen.

Hope this helps.:)

i was going to suggest striping tape too if u r struggling with straight lines...millenium do all colours

Hi Lisa,

You could also try doing the cross in rhinestones or flatstones, that would look very bling bling and you can play with them for a bit to make sure they are straight :)

Sarah

I have a glitter acyrlic on my thumbs and it looks really good. Have had lotsd of comments about them, however they did take longer to dry!

I was thinking of doinga footbal promotion with airbrushing

the secret with actually painting the lines is to support the finger well, gently holding back the side walls...then do the red stripes with one QUICK sweep for each with a good striping brush...done slowly they will usually turn out a bit wiggly lol

I'm printing some Three Lion flags at the mo onto water decal paper. The template looks well good, not as sharp as I would have liked but you can tell what it is all the same. Just need to get them on my nails, get the flag on my car, pizzas in the freezer & sit back (yeh right, screeming my face off) & support the lads ooooooooooohhhhhhhh.

Sonia

Ive done the St George cross before, Base Coat, White Varnish allow to dry then pencil on cross and fill in with red.
Works for me :D

Princess Mowgli - you forgot the beers!!!!!

I have my big toes done with a matt white polish and red rhinestones for the cross and every loves them.... :green:

Doing my fingernails tonight same on thumb then with red white tips and the cross on all the others. :cool:

..Bring it onnnnn....woohooooo I love my footy....

No clients for me on the evening of the 13th :lol:

Last time I drank was 13 years ago. Got drunk on Diamond White cider (how old am I....) & threatened to take on some girl who in the light of the next sober day would have kicked me into next Tuesday :cry: . Vowed to never drink again I was soooo ill & I haven't. Then again I really don't need it. I'm mad, a great laugh. Drink made me angry (& brave) & you wouldn't want to see me when I'm angry :mad: :evil: :mad:
So just diet coke & lots of fizzy e numbers for me :lol:
C'mon the lads, BRING IT ON

Sonia

disco lisa said:
hiya i'm just looking for any tips out there! i've been asked today to perform a french mainicure on a lady next week and on the thumb nails the st georges cross which i said yes to as it is very easy in theory but when practising on my own nail my cross seems to be a little lopsided!!lol! any clues on how to sharpen it up a little?
hey, i did a set a couple of days ago and they looked fab, the client loved 'em so much she gave me a £5 tip. i airbrushed the white background[for speed of drying really coz i would have needed 2/3 coats with polish], then i used a medium length fine striper brush to hand paint the red cross. the vertical stripe is easy, but the horizontal one is trickier due to the curve of the nail. its much easier if you do it in 2 sections, paint from lateral wall to the centre of the nail first from the left then from the right , then do your vertical stroke to complete the cross. :biggrin:

I did an airbrush one by doing the red paint first and sticking straight lines on from the masking guides as the cross, then doing the white. It looked really good and sharp lines.

Has anyone come across a 3 Lion stencil? I have checked with Melle and she doesnt have one so I know this is a very long shot - if Melle doesn't have it then it probably doesn't exist LOL.

I found the logo on Sainsburys web site. Cut, copy & pasted it & was able to make my decals this way. Maybe you could copy, print it off & cut your own stencil, though to be honest the smaller you make the logo the more definition you loose & it would be dead tricky to cut out. Now there's a challenge Sonia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back