Footballer's mani/pedi

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4grays4

Reaction score
Ok girls apart from being totally nervous at performing a manicure and/or pedicure for a high profile footballer I obviously don't do too many male manicures!
Do any of you fellow geeks have any advice as to what works and doesn't work for men's treatments?

Thank you in advance

Hayley
Xx

Hi there
I am a mobile nail tech and I do a few gents manicures.
Mine consist of clipping nails, file into shape, cuticle work and SolarOil.
You can either leave the nails like this, buff them or apply a base and top coat which gives a 'Matt' effect look just if they wanted to give their nails some protection.
Treat him like any other client! X

I do pretty much the same as Becky. However, since I don't typically do polish I will do a scrub for them instead.

You could aak if he wants a hand/arm massage with some nice oils (moisturiser will just get all tangled in mens arms cos of the hair!) xxxx

when you do your consultation ask if he wants a luxury or a basic manicure / pedicure , ask what his fav bit is , don't be scared its good to ask shows the client that your tailoring the treatment to there wants as well as needs!

be prepared for everything , callous removers (I would not go to crazy with this part but do go over with foot file to remove roughness and an exfoliation and masque for conditioning Smooth not remove,, foot bath , files buffers (don't forget only use the koala buffer with solar oil ) take some colors and some matte top coats,

I have found that hairy men might not like to much in the way of oily arm massage lotions ... and try not to use products that are crazy girl smelling ,
I find CND Citrus spa for the manicure and Marine or earth for the feet.

Orrr If he is into chocolate and you want to give him a treatment that he will probably never have had before (and you will be surprised how many men go for it ) cognito bath and body Chocolate pedicure .

Ooh how exciting - I'm dying to know who it is! :green:

Thanks girls! Am ridiculously nervous!!
Fab tip about moisturisers and hair, would not have thought that, so thank you!

Would love to tell believe me but I'm not sure I am supposed to so best not to! Cannot believe it myself!

Thanks again
Xx

Thanks girls! Am ridiculously nervous!!
Fab tip about moisturisers and hair, would not have thought that, so thank you!

Would love to tell believe me but I'm not sure I am supposed to so best not to! Cannot believe it myself!

Thanks again
Xx

I could pop over to make the coffee if you like? :green:

I use to have a Footballers wife and her sister as clients. He use to pop in now and then to see what was going on. He was so lovely, in fact they all were. They really appreciate discretion and confidentiality so don't ever tell anyone who it is....not even a clue!:)

You could end up doing the whole team!

My client moved so don't see them anymore. :(

how exciting for you !! good luck x

Latest posts

Back