For all you airbrushing foks...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kitty

Reaction score

I don't know if they have them all over the country, but I've just been to a craft suppliers called HobbyCraft. Its kind of like a huge warehouse, with surprisingly, hobby & craft supplies!! Anyway, I was just looking around in there & noticed that they've got a sale on all their Airbrush paints, they're all 1/2 price!! This makes them about £1.40 a pot/bottle. :grab: :grab:
I don't airbrush (yet!!), so I dn't know if they're any good but £1.40!! Bargin!!

Just thought I share it with you

Ironic enough I went to our local (if you call local 60 miles away) hobby lobby (craft store) looking into airbrushes Thrusday. I would really like to get into nail art but since I have zero talent I need a little help. Not that I think airbrushing would be easy but at least there's stencils. I figured they would be cheaper than through the beauty supplier. I was given a brief education by the manager and I felt like my head was going to spin off.

The first place I went to actually had an airbrush specifically for nail art but it was cheap looking. Plus I was unsure for one, it ran off of an aerosol can. Not for me. My luck I would blow it up :D. Okay I really know nothing about them but I thought they came with an air compressor and by they are not cheap either. I also didn't realize they use a type acrylic paint.

Well, it may be a little while longer before I actually buy one. It may even be a Mother's day, anniversary, birthday and Christmas present combined. :rofl:

I envy those who can do the nail art by hand or airbrush.

I airbrush a lot! I will pop down to the local Hobbycraft and see what's on offer! :D

Misty, have you never thought about going on an airbrushing course. It's probably worth thinking about. If you'd like to get into nail art but feel that you're not very artistic then airbrushing is probably best for you as it's stenciling work rather than freehand painting which does require a certain amount of skill. At least if you go on a course you will be able to decide if you like it and feel comfortable airbrushing and if you do then buy your airbrush and compressor rather than spending an awful lot of dollars and you never use it :?

Take a look at my website which you will see under my name which shows you some of the things you can do with airbrushing (look on the WebsAlbum) and then have a look at my freehand nail art as well (go to Links and then My Gallery). Leave me a message in my guestbook as to what you think. Hope you like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back