For goodness sake!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing that mods would have even more work moving mindless threads which should be in the chit chat forum because there is no longer anywhere else for them to go!

I think most geeks will have got the message by reading the content of this thread that nails rule, and chit chat is a fun (but much less important) 'nice to have', which many would miss if it weren't here. But nails is the essence of this site, and without them none of us would be talking at all!

If people stop chasing geekmolians, posting pish in chit chat, and conduct themselves like ladies (and gents), life could continue happily ever after.

sugar x

Kimmi Rocks said:
Sorry Herman, my mistake, I should have highlighted the bit that I was referring to (above).

It's the above that I find patronising. It smacks of 'If you don't eat all your dinner, then you don't get your dessert'. I hate the 'That'll teach them' tone to it.
We are all taught lessons every day, thats how we become who we are, whether we like it or not. Some people on this site need to be taught, a lessons in:
  • Respect
  • Thoughtfulness
  • Etiquette
  • Professionalism
  • Restraint
  • Humility
If people are only gonna be Bolshy then go do it elsewhere.

I use the analogy of road rage, if some one cuts you up in a car the you may shout and flash your lights at them and possibly put 2 fingers up at them, all from the safety of your car. If the same person bumped into you in your local pub would you react in the same way.....I think not as you would end up on the wrong side of a good hiding.

Forums are a little like road rage some people are happy to start arguments from the comfort of there own living rooms.

In the name of all of the above bullet points I rest my imput on this subject.

Hermie

People people! Where is this sniping getting us? You know what I really thought the site had settled down on Monday and we were back to good geeking, it was a fab day and I spent my day off glued to my pc absolutely loving everyone's input. So where is all this animosity coming from? I am really saddened by it all and I just don't understand it? Please stop and let's get back to what we all do best - helping and supporting each other. Pretty please.

Sassy Hassy said:
People people! Where is this sniping getting us? You know what I really thought the site had settled down on Monday and we were back to good geeking, it was a fab day and I spent my day off glued to my pc absolutely loving everyone's input. So where is all this animosity coming from? I am really saddened by it all and I just don't understand it? Please stop and let's get back to what we all do best - helping and supporting each other. Pretty please.

Well said Sassy! I love the site and its great you can find a place where everyone is willing to answer any stupid question please leave the site as a nail heaven no more squabbling:hug:

This topic is kind of reminding me of dissagreements with my brothers years ago as kids with the usual "he said, she said....not fair WAaaaaaaaaaahhh" and my Mum ending up coming in and saying 'If you dont all pack it in now I'll give you something to really moan about'.....or 'If you cant play nicely then I'm taking it away!!'

Please peeps, lets get back to the point of the forum and let this topic rest before its pushes things too far and we all end up sorry. Outspoken in commer or not, isn't it time to stop now?

min11 said:
Please peeps, lets get back to the point of the forum and let this topic rest before its pushes things too far and we all end up sorry. Outspoken in commer or not, isn't it time to stop now?

Couldn't agree more x

Can one of the Moderators close this thread now. It is going nowhere.

I have chosen to close it.

To Herman... appreciate your comments :hug:. To all, nails is where it's at... let's talk passionately, constructively, interestingly, knowledgeably and with respect...

I just want to do what I do best... discuss the subject of nails and that is what I hope you all want to do.

Thread Now Closed.:!:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back