For Ms.Christie...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexuspilot

Reaction score
Alright missy....I just looked at your post on shapes and was admiring the picture of your nails and wondering to myself........

:shocker: WHY AREN'T YOU COMPETING???????????????????? :shocker:

lol That is a word we use here in Hawaii for 'no good' junk...

I am so critical of my work. You should have seen me with my smile lines. I do too much "back bobbing", from Samuels smile line tutorial...lol, that will be with me forever..back bobbing. I think about competing... then I do my nails and realize that I am totally JUNK! ;)

I am no where near ready for pink and white competition, no where near. But I think I will try to enter the nail art comp. in Vegas this June. If I can get my nerve up. I am actually a shy person. Kinda chicken. Doing nails has taught me how to chit chat.

Maybe I should get Vicki Peters video about competeing..she has one doesn't she?

Thank you though :)

Junk my hind-end! Ok girl, you are talking to someone who, it sounds like, is the mirror image of yourself!! Shy, hard on myself, nothing is ever good enough......blah, blah, blah....Yeah, that's me too

I KNOW you do good nails woman so quit trying to convince us otherwise!
I was the world's most GARGANTUAN chicken when it came to competing. It took alot of convincing by alot of people until I finally gathered up my balls *cough, cough*(pardon the expression ;) ) and stepped into the competition ring.

Ya know what.....I thought I had ZERO chance and I ended up placing fourth despite of the disasterous time I had with the junk acrylic I was talked into using last minute.....LONGGGGGGGGG story there.

I was immediately bumped into the veteran category with only that competition under my belt.

Guess what then......My next competition I placed 2nd-that meant placing ahead John Hauk and Lorena Marquez. (Ouch, I think I pulled something patting myself on the back... :twisted: ) Really, I about pooped myself :oops:

And I've gone on from there to get firsts and also had a few disappointments in there too(hey, even SUPERSTARS need to get beat once in awhile......LOL)

But my point is....You are being your own worst critic here and you'll be doing yourself a favor by competing. You will learn ALOT.....trust me. And no one has to know how you did but you and the judges and believe me, they are NOT going to pee themselves with laughter looking at your nails. ;)

If you do go to Vegas, I have a huge suggestion for you...If you're making the trip, enter as many categories as you can. That is one of the few regrets I have from the particular competition. Truly.....what do you have to lose???

I hope I'm talking you into this. You have the talent and I mean it!

Lexuspilot said:
I hope I'm talking you into this. You have the talent and I mean it!

Here Here Patti - TIME to KICK SOME BUTT Christie!!! :freak:

you have no idea the sick feeling that passes over me just thinking about it... oh, maybe you do.
I am sick with nervousness at this very moment even at the idea.
:puke:
oops sorry, did that get on you? lol

Christie,

after looking at your nails- Ya'll sure don't want me to post my pink & whites here...........y'all would have a hay day. I can honeslty say that I think I do the world's worst pink & white nail. hehe.....you know like on American Idol.....Nail Geek would probably say "that isn't bad.........it is horrible" LOL!

Leigh Ann

Your Nail Pro said:
Nail Geek would probably say "that isn't bad.........it is horrible" LOL!

ACK! You guys make me out to be so freaking mean! :hit:
I think it would be cool to have a forum here where we could post pics and then we could all add some constructive critisism. I'm sure we could all benefit from each others points of view!

Whatcha think?

Gulp.... :oops: I'm with Christie...makes me oogy just thinking about it. But, Christie, I do agree...you do some wonderful nails. Just think of competing as a learning experience..ahh yeah right...I'll hush now. :aww:

..you need to do your first competition with your 'rookie' hat on! This way, you will be far more relaxed and you won't be expecting to win (although if you placed that would be fantastic and not inconceivable). The NEXT time, you do a comp, you won't feel like being :puke: , you will know what to expect and you can go for it... as you do this, your confidence will grow and one day you'll be lording it over us that you are Queen of Nails Mag!!! ;) nice thought though huh! :rofl:

The Nail Geek said:
Your Nail Pro said:
Nail Geek would probably say "that isn't bad.........it is horrible" LOL!

ACK! You guys make me out to be so freaking mean! :hit:
I think it would be cool to have a forum here where we could post pics and then we could all add some constructive critisism. I'm sure we could all benefit from each others points of view!

Whatcha think?

Ok, so I decided to give you a little (well huge) challenge. I figured you needed to freshen up on your skills ya know :) , just to make sure you are on your toes and all, here is a set of frehsly done pink & white overlay on natural nails. I used Tammy Taylor for the first time ever. I had a little difficulty (in case you can't tell from my slightly confused :? smile lines). But anyway, I am ready for the "constructive criticism". Let's just say Pink & Whites are not my specialty. I have done nails for 10 years but just started learning pink & white last year. SO, I guess what I am trying to say is- go easy on me please....... ;)

Leigh Ann

allisondcloseup.jpg

Your Nail Pro said:
SO, I guess what I am trying to say is- go easy on me please....... ;)

Leigh Ann

Not competition (but you are obviously not trying to do that for every set of nails in the salon) but VERY nice and natural. I don't have anything to really say but NICE!
11.gif

HowdA!

Looks nice... especially for first time using a system... I don't think the smile lines are all that bad... they smirk more than smile... but that’s to be expected on short nails.

Short nails are very difficult to get good shape with. That’s because you have little space for the run up to your apex and the taper to the free edge.

Here are some minor things I noticed...

Image1.jpg

Your Form (or silhouette) bulbs outward in Zone 1. This is pretty common on shorter nails especially when its a short overlay with white in Zone 1. It usually occurs because we are used to applying a little larger of a bead in Zone 1. So what happens is the Zone 1 we apply on a short tip will be slightly larger.
If you roll these nails underneath a light... you will most likely see a small dip in Zone 2 (primarily along the sides)...
Be sure not to go to large with your beads in this area... and make sure that where Zone 1 and Zone 2 meet is even and flush.

Zone 3

Image2.jpg

This little red line follows the line of light back in zone 3. You can see how it the width and angle change on the build up to Zone 2. This most likely means that you had a sudden build up to the apex (easy to do on a shorter nail)...
The thicker the line of light... the flatter the surface area... the thinner the line of light... the more curved the surface...
Zone 3 is slightly flatter and reflecting more light... then... BAM... it takes a turn and thins out... If there is a change... it should be subtle... If you roll this nail under the light and watch the line... it will most likely show you a dip in this area.

Image3.jpg

Also, you will notice that the product isn't entirely flush with the plate so it throws off "chunky" reflections.

Aside from those tiny things... I think you should be proud!

Geek! It never even crossed my mind to look at nails by the light reflection! How COOL is that! You are a NailGenius!

I am in awe of his genius-osity!
aktion010.gif

I am examining all my work a new way... Staring at my nails while I drive... like a light just came on
sprachlos021.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back