? for tanning geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Lou

Scatty Blonde Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi,

My best mate is getting married 12th August, we both have bad strap lines and were both wearing a strapless dress!

My question is what would be best, a spray tan to cover these lines up or would a fake bake application be better. As you can tell I havn't got a clue.

Bearing in mind its for her wedding and she doesnt want to look ott with a tan, were just needing something to cover up our tan lines. Were also worried that something might go wrong, like we come out orange or something!

Also how long does each last and when would it be best to be applied?

Cheers for your help, I have a pannicky bride to be, poor love

A spray tan tech will be able to advise on the best suitable colour of tan for your skin tone before you have a spray. So you are not going to come out orange. It is a good idea to have a spray to cover up any white bits. Also when I spray clients for weddings I also make sure I spray well before the wedding and again just before so that if the bride don't like the colour or had any worries I will be able to sort this out and she will know what to expect and how it will look. Hope this helps :)

Spray Tanning should be done about 48/72 hrs before you want to go somewhere so you can judge the depth of the colour in case you need another spray. But i am not sure if spray tanning will cover up strap marks, couldnt tell you about application but one of the girls will be able to assist I'm sure.

Spray tanning would be a good idea but it could still make the strap marks lighter than the rest of your tan. Maybe a rub on will cover it? Try going to a salon and having a little test on the strap marks or a test on your upper back of each spray and fake bake application and seeing which covers best before her big day!!

HTH
xXx​

what you need to do is spray the where the lines are in a really light coat seperately ( to help blend back to the rest of the skin) then go over the whole area as normal. This wont completely cover tan lines but will help them blend in alot. Does this make sense?

I have "masked" off strap lines using couch roll for important occasions before now! It is a fiddly job, but if you mask off the white areas first and spray lightly on this area only then remove the roll and spray the whole body including the strap lines you should get a pretty good result and your client will be strap free for her big day. Any really fiddly areas, a cotton bud or sponge applictor can be used to touch up the tan, make sure you go very lightly though!

Hope this helps

Mandy

Hiya hun, letme know if you still want those appointments, manager said it should cover fine xxx

Why not just ask your makeup artist on the day to cover your strap lines with some Face and Body foundation?

Once you've got your dresses on she/he will be able to blend your strap lines in flawlessly, and there'll be no hit and miss situations regards OTT tanning or still-visible strap lines.

hth:green:

Latest posts

Back