For those who have Tantrick hvlp...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CadenceAlex

Reaction score
.. could you please tell me the manufacturer of the spray gun?

Apollo....that's for the TC3 don't know about the minimist.

Apollo....that's for the TC3 don't know about the minimist.

Thanks Cathie! I tried a Sato gun today and I have checked it out and it's a car spray gun - it choked me when my face was sprayed... but was brilliant everywhere else.

Am doing my homework :lol:

Are the guns interchangeable?

I've never heard of them but spray tan distributors are coming out of the woodwork like woodworm at the moment :eek: well so it seems to me....so difficult to keep up with it all.

As to interchangable, I guess it depends on the connecting parts (male/female) of the kit that you buy.

The Apollo Tantrick one was designed for the spray tan market and is made from marine grade stainless steel.....I cannot fault the TC3 or the gun whatsoever......they have and are still serving me well 2 years after purchase with minimal, almost nil overspray....after previously using airbrush and compressor, I would recommend this kit without a doubt....it is fantastic kit, well worth the money......I believe St Tropez are now selling the same kit in their packages.

I've never heard of them but spray tan distributors are coming out of the woodwork like woodworm at the moment :eek: well so it seems to me....so difficult to keep up with it all.

As to interchangable, I guess it depends on the connecting parts (male/female) of the kit that you buy.

The Apollo Tantrick one was designed for the spray tan market and is made from marine grade stainless steel.....I cannot fault the TC3 or the gun whatsoever......they have and are still serving me well 2 years after purchase with minimal, almost nil overspray....after previously using airbrush and compressor, I would recommend this kit without a doubt....it is fantastic kit, well worth the money......I believe St Tropez are now selling the same kit in their packages.

Yeah I believe so - someone told me St Tropez use the same compressor but I can't think who.

The compressor spoke for itself with regards to how it worked and how silent it was - and the gun was really lightweight and sprayed brilliantly.

Customer service is a big thing, and promo materials to advertise well are important but I just can't make a decision right now :eek:

I'm weighing up all the options - the stuff I tried today looks brill on me but I'm olivy skinned anyway and apparently it is in two grades, and adapts to the skin - it apparently tans three layers deeper and doesn't contain erythiwhatever...

Tantrick was about £1200 for the full salon kit whereas this company was £1745 but included a trendy perspex clear salon unit with the compressor went on, all the knicks and starting pack and promo leaflets/posters/display and a few gallons of the solution.

I liked the rep for both companies - what I also liked is that this stuff apparently compliments UV tanning too and doesn't discolour nail enhancements.

Training was provided free in this price too - and it has a brilliant reputation, albeit not in the UK just yet!

hmm.. I am so indecisive... I'll probably never end up offering spray tanning!

Yeah I believe so - someone told me St Tropez use the same compressor but I can't think who.

The compressor spoke for itself with regards to how it worked and how silent it was - and the gun was really lightweight and sprayed brilliantly.

Customer service is a big thing, and promo materials to advertise well are important but I just can't make a decision right now :eek:

I'm weighing up all the options - the stuff I tried today looks brill on me but I'm olivy skinned anyway and apparently it is in two grades, and adapts to the skin - it apparently tans three layers deeper and doesn't contain erythiwhatever...

Tantrick was about £1200 for the full salon kit whereas this company was £1745 but included a trendy perspex clear salon unit with the compressor went on, all the knicks and starting pack and promo leaflets/posters/display and a few gallons of the solution.

I liked the rep for both companies - what I also liked is that this stuff apparently compliments UV tanning too and doesn't discolour nail enhancements.

Training was provided free in this price too - and it has a brilliant reputation, albeit not in the UK just yet!

hmm.. I am so indecisive... I'll probably never end up offering spray tanning!
Don't you get all the marketing stuff with Tantrick too, I'm sure I did....and is their HPLV the same as the TC3....maybe it is the TC3 ....I don't know.

What is this perspex thingy you speak about for the unit to go on....why do you need it?

I have made a spray tanning department in my salon for pennies out of shower lining stuff and it's just fine....totally washable....I have never had the need for a prespex doodah!

Spray tan doesn't affect nail enhancements, it just washes off them, they are plastic, although it will stain natural nails.

Here is my room.

Attachments

• cathie and darrensmall.JPG
    cathie and darrensmall.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 332
Not sure if tis will help Caroline http://www.salongeek.com/business/48067-sassy-guide-choosing-spray-tanning-company.html !

I can vouch for the TC3, it is awesome! When I have to train with the minimist, which is brill in its own right, and then go back to my TC3 I realise that it is so worth the extra money. I keep thinking it has broken because the spray is so fine you think it's not spraying ... and I get loads of repeat business because my clients love the natural colour of the Tantrick lotions.

.. could you please tell me the manufacturer of the spray gun?
both are manufactured by Appollo from the States, the official distributor in this country is the Spray Tan cubicle company.
We sell the mini mist and the Whisper mist (TC3) as do many of the reputable spray tan companies, keep a look out for the new quieter HVLP machines that will probably be available soon, anyone wanting FREE training in Jan Feb on spray tanning - it doeesnt matter who,s machine you have - give us a call on 01908 282814/ or me on 07813 789732
Debbie Easter
Couture Tanning
Creative Nail Academy Manchester

both are manufactured by Appollo from the States, the official distributor in this country is the Spray Tan cubicle company.
We sell the mini mist and the Whisper mist (TC3) as do many of the reputable spray tan companies, keep a look out for the new quieter HVLP machines that will probably be available soon, anyone wanting FREE training in Jan Feb on spray tanning - it doeesnt matter who,s machine you have - give us a call on 01908 282814/ or me on 07813 789732
Debbie Easter
Couture Tanning
Creative Nail Academy Manchester

Pure Sun's HVLP machine is almost SILENT after the initial start-up!!! Honestly, it's great.

I got a PM about Couture Tanning... someone suggested it - do you have a site?

Apollo USA have been supplying Tantrick & St Tropez (Beauty Source) for a few years and we both have had very good results with the TC3. STC have also seen how good the machine is and is also now a stockist for Apollo.

The 'MiniMist' is a registered Trademark of Tantrick. The machine is a lightweight HVLP system, ideally suited for mobile use or as a starter unit for salons who are looking to offer spray tanning but do not want to comit to the larger TC3 as they very often want to "test the water" with spray tanning to see if it is something their clients would like.

Tantrick have nationwide accredited trainers who are all very helpful, very experienced in the spray tanning industry and offer superb help and information to anyone who trains with them.

We look forward to meeting any Geeks at the Professional Beauty show in Excel next month where you are welcome to come along to see both the machines and ask any questions in person.

Mandy x

Apollo USA have been supplying Tantrick & St Tropez (Beauty Source) for a few years and we both have had very good results with the TC3. STC have also seen how good the machine is and is also now a stockist for Apollo.

The 'MiniMist' is a registered Trademark of Tantrick. The machine is a lightweight HVLP system, ideally suited for mobile use or as a starter unit for salons who are looking to offer spray tanning but do not want to comit to the larger TC3 as they very often want to "test the water" with spray tanning to see if it is something their clients would like.

Tantrick have nationwide accredited trainers who are all very helpful, very experienced in the spray tanning industry and offer superb help and information to anyone who trains with them.

We look forward to meeting any Geeks at the Professional Beauty show in Excel next month where you are welcome to come along to see both the machines and ask any questions in person.

Mandy x

I'm debating doing this if it means saving money, however getting down to London might not be worth the saving :lol:

Latest posts

Back