forever french gels..your comments please :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Nothingbutnails, I use INT and Akzentz mostly..they have very nice white gels.
I apply my gel pretty thin so it can be filed off easily, gel files easier then L&P. I remove most of it with my drill and the rest I do by hand (240 grit).
I can do it in 20-30 minutes.
Do I do L&P? In a salon I used to work years ago, I use UV cured L&P...now looking back I way prefer gel or traditional L&P.
I just got a sample kit of Attraction by NSI, and I'm liking it :D ...goes on very creamy and smooth and the Classic Powders are a slower set (which I need LOL). I need more practice with L&P, it's hard to sculpt with gel on nail biters for example...
I would love to work more with L&P.... I love the challange ;) (and it is a challange! Especially sculpting pink and whites :? LOL)

When you say you cure each white one at a time, does this not take for ever to do a whole set??
Nope love, as you cure one finger , you work on a finger on the other hand, so you do your work in rotation so to speak.
hope this helps
love Ruth xxx

Hi Anna,

Just wanted to say that your Young Nails Gels look fab as well. Did you not find the viscosity of the snow a little thick and hard to move around. Now that I have seen yours it has given me the inspiration to try these on myself. When you say you cure each white one at a time, does this not take for ever to do a whole set??

Do you have a home salon? How long have you had a salon for. I have a small one in my home, but I mainly work from a Tanning Shop as I find I get more clients there.

Anna from Toronto

Reaction score
Hi all,
I would love to hear comments about my nails from Geek and Geeg.....I can't include the picture here...but can you please follow the link?
These are sculpted gel nails

http://groups.msn.com/BeautyPro/nailenhancements.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=242

Havent seen you round for awhile... now I know why...

Those are fantastic esecially considering they are sculpted gel.
Ill see if I can red mark the picture tomorrow for constructive feedback... but im tellin you now... be proud... they rock.

See you soon

Anna, the clarity, surface smoothness, smile lines and shine are beautiful.

My only constructive comment would be to narrow those white tips by carving out a lower arch and they will look more narrow and sleek. Doing this takes the 'heavy' look away from the tip without sacrificing strength.

With Liquid and Powder you can do it with your brush while you sulpt. With gel, you will have to do it during the finishing process with a buffer not a file.

Thank you for letting me comment.

just thought I'd add my two penneth!!! 8)

Hey Geek, thanks :D , I could have used different white gel...more white...which gives better, sharper smile lines...but this client is a "tip lover" and I wanted to prove her that sculpts are as strong...so I didn't wanna risk using too soft of a gel (you know those high pigmented white gels :? )
That would be great if you could give me some feedback :mrgreen:

This below is a gel french backfill...I do these type (and length) the most:

http://groups.msn.com/BeautyPro/nailenhancements.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=255

wow, those nails look like polished glass!!
smilieturtle.gif

Oh cool, I didn't realise that mrs. Geek and Geek posted too! Thank you!!
I appreciate your comments (a lot!)

geeg said:
Anna, the clarity, surface smoothness, smile lines and shine are beautiful.

My only constructive comment would be to narrow those white tips by carving out a lower arch and they will look more narrow and sleek. Doing this takes the 'heavy' look away from the tip without sacrificing strength.

With Liquid and Powder you can do it with your brush while you sulpt. With gel, you will have to do it during the finishing process with a buffer not a file.

Thank you for letting me comment.

Dear Geeg
I'm not sure I know what you mean by saying "carving out a lower arch" :oops: ...you mean pinch the forms bit more?(c-curves?)

FingerNailFixer said:
wow, those nails look like polished glass!!
smilieturtle.gif

Oh, thank you FingerNailFixer :D

GORGEOUS!!!!! I love gel nails, and your ones are beautiful!! :D Go Gurl!

xxlaylaxx

they are beautiful
:D

Hey Anna
Those nails are gorgeous :thumbsup:
You can do my nails any day
Keep up the good work
Take care Dawnie xx

I THINK THEY ARE FAB.
HEY YOU CAN DO MY NAILS ANYTIME. THEY ARE SO BEAUTYFUL.
LOVE RUTH xxxx

Ooooo, I LURVE to be able to do nails like that!!!

They are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Kx

Anna, Your nails are just wonderful! You are my absolute inspiration! , Gosh, does that sound a bit freaky? like I'm some sorta stalker? Well, sorry if it does, but its true, you are such an inspiration!

I've ordered those Akzentz gels that you told me about by the way, maybe you'll see my amazingly(?) sculpted nail pictures on here soon!

He he, Kitty..I don't mind if you stalk...my nails..LOL LOL
Thanks for your compliment.
The only thing I would change with Akzentz is their base...did I tell you about that? Use a different base...for a sharper smile lines. Something like Star Nail gel (Calcium Kapping is nice and thin)...use that as your base. And prime the nail before

No!!!! :shock: :shock: But I ordered the INT trial kit too, are those compatible with Akentz? I'm not really too keen on Star Nails, I tried their GF21 gel but hated it, it was all streaky & thin, I thought it was going to be more like a gel, but it was just like an old polish?? but if you recommend them, maybe I'll give that 'calcium kapping' one a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back