Forever Living - Aloe vera products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will not be attending the meeting she has crossed out in my column next saturday - in fact I will be leaving early just to make sure I avoid her!!!

Bolt the doors and run for the hills!!

I have a friend who is an FLP rep and thankfully she's not pushy at all! Between her gentle nature and my fear of alienating people (I'm a PartyLite consultant!) we're the antithesis of aggressive sales people!
One thing I can say about IBS is that when I gave up wheat it disappeared! It's worth a try, if nothing else!
:)

I am not disputing weather or not the products work - in fact I have no interest the products, but I dont want to sell them, promote them, recruit other people to sell them or have anything to do with them.

My point was, this lady really came across as a bully, I dont appreciate being told that I WILL take on this product line, regardless of weather I want to or not, I don't like this kind of agressive sales, and I'm not slating the FLP product line - I just wanted to share my experience, and say how much it has put me off it!

To be honest Forever doesn't work in salon's, that isn't the business model of the organisation and there are (maybe not bigger) but more suited companies and product ranges that should be used in a Salon, and as you say you know an awful lot more about skincare regimes then I do!

Mat

Interestlingly I met a "beauty therapist" the other day who told me she uses nothing else in her salon. I have a friend who's an FLP rep person and she was saying how lots of therapists are using it as "they're professional products, just as good as anything you stock"
Hmmm. Is she right?

I used to be a rep for FLP a couple of years ago and the lady who takes the skincare courses, certainly seemed to think the products were superior to most of the professional products you find in salons. She had worked for and trained with a few of the big names and her opinion was that FLP ones had better quality ingredients in them, and gave better results.

Not my opinion, but that was hers. I am not a skincare expert so have no idea if they are better or not.

So yes, your friend will have been told this as she will no doubt have been trained by the same lady. There are a few therapists in my area sell it and use it in their salons.

I still use the products as I do think they are fab, but no longer sell them.

Jen x

i agree with lots of the comments here, depends on who you buy it from and the information that is given, sometimes they are new in the business and may not have gone on all the training they need to go on, sometimes their sponsers are not as good as what they should be either.

i have crohns diseases, started with celiacs when i was 15 and it came with food allergies, so ended up with eczema, asthma as a result of the allergies and eventually the celiacs turned to crohns so i have been ill for along time, and my salon has suffered as a result.

i struggled with the taste of the gel for alongtime, and 30mls was not enough for me. my distributor just said stick with it and there was lots of times that i wanted to give up and go in for the op the docs were promising me.

eventually i found the right distributor at an event who understood my symptoms and understood her products and she listened to my plight and i in turn listened to her advise.

i took my aloe the way she advise and eventually i was able to take between 90 -120mls a day. (yellow Bottle)i think it is important to find your own personal level of aloe, you have to drink it, thats where it works best.

i have to say, altough i still have bad days with my crohns, especially for energy which i take bee pollen for. my syptoms i think are 110% better. i am no longer on a lot of the medication that i was taking altough i still have to be careful of diet. i am not as sensitive to wheat and diary, i am painfree and no longer have to take my morphine to get out of bed.

i was looking on the thread to see how other salons have marketed the products in their salons, as i am now back at work. Any positive advise would be greatly appreciated, i think the point of FLP is to service customers ask them how it is doing and be in contact with ur customers.it is not like buying in a supermarket or health food shop, where u pick ur product of the shelf. You need to follow the customer and build a relationship with them, this will then retain their business.

i am so glad i went to that exhibition, and went to talk to the another distributor because otherwise i would still be where i was 5yrs ago. i personally feel i am in control of my crohns not the other way round.

Last edited:
Funny to see this thread pop up today, 6mths ago I had no intentions of going back into selling the FLP stuff but just a couple of days ago I have decided to start back up as I feel it 'fits' with my tanning etc.
Glad to see that your chrons is much more managable jovanhusk xx

I think the suppliments and the aloe vera juices are good quality, but the skin care products are just ok

I used to sell FLP, good products that you can believe in but if it's your only business, you need to put a lot of effort into getting it up and running.
My fav product was their lip salve, good all round cure all and it fit in my smallest handbag:lol:

I have just been approaced by a woman randomly in sainsburys car park about this. She nver gave away much about what it was but told me to have a quick look on the website and she would be intouch next week when she gets back. I have been looking at it and thinking it sounds good. I could do with another income as well and this would fit in with my two other jobs i think and as a beauty therapist i think it quite fitting with what i already do and know alot about. Funnily my friend has just started doing it but i didnt realise it was the same products so im gong to her party she is holding next week to see for myself. It just looks a little to good to be true....

FLP do work for me. I was introduced to them a few years back, unfortunately by the aloe Vera gel drink which was vile! But the other products are fab. I use the lip balm religiously and offer the aloe Vera gel after tanning. I don't know any salons that offer it as a product line but I imagine it would be quite popular in the right salon. Has anyone else tried the drink? My friends swear by it but I can't stomach it! Xx

Ps with the plants do you just break off the leaves and rub them on? Do the leaves regrow?

Latest posts

Back