Forgive my ignorance but what is freeze curing when using uv gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauport

Reaction score
I am very new to this and don't want to seem ignorant but can someone tell me what freeze curing is and how to do it - when doing uv gel nails as I think I may need to know how to do this HELP !!!!:eek: While I am doing so well at being dumb can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong to get bubbles in my gel overlays, I am getting bubbles with self levelling gel and sculpting the only one I don't get bubbles with is uni-phase gel but that is so difficult to get a decent build up on the apex and crown

I am very new to this and don't want to seem ignorant but can someone tell me what freeze curing is and how to do it - when doing uv gel nails as I think I may need to know how to do this HELP !!!!:eek:

Freeze curing is basically a quick 10 seconds or so under the lamp to 'freeze' the gel in place. This stops your smilelines seeping or moving whilst you do the other fingers, or your gel pooling at the cuticle while you do the others.

For instance you could do the smilelines on the first 2 fingers on one hand, freeze cure them so the gel doesn't move, then do the smiles on the other 2, then cure all 4 for the recommended time.

Thank you Trin I will try that one - do you also know what I could be doing wrong as I am getting tiny bubbles in my overlays when using self levelling or sculpting gels

Wow..I just learned something new..
I don't do the white (french) but it is nice to know.
Now, I am assuming that this would work for those who have problems with the gels overflowing on the cuticle and sides of the nails also?

Thank you Trin I will try that one - do you also know what I could be doing wrong as I am getting tiny bubbles in my overlays when using self levelling or sculpting gels

Tiny bubbles is usually caused by 'overworking' the gel and sort of beating air into it, its hard to explain :lol:

If you have bubbles in your gel pot, I have heard stiring it gently with a cocktail stick can help remove them, not something I've tried but give it a go

Wow..I just learned something new..
I don't do the white (french) but it is nice to know.
Now, I am assuming that this would work for those who have problems with the gels overflowing on the cuticle and sides of the nails also?

Yep JD, this is perfect for resolving those types of issues when initially training etc.

Latest posts

Back