Forgot to prime! Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

19JE91

Reaction score
I've just said goodbye to my last client and realised I compleatly forgot to prime two of her fingers, she was using them to type a message on her phone and i primed all the others but them! She's a new client and I feel so stupid! In all the time I've been doing acrylics ive never forgot to prime! Any advise on what's going to happen now? Should I message her and tell her I forgot? Thanks Geeks

as a newbie to acrylic id love to follow this thread.... anyone?

Yeah id tell her. Those nails are gonna come straight off and she will think you're not a very good nail tech. She will appreciate you calling her and being honest. Maybe offer her free nail art on two fingers or something to compensate?

I never prime my own acrylics as I'm allergic, and they always last perfectly fine for up to 3 weeks. And I'm rough on my nails! (My day job is in a warehouse!)
As long as your prep was really thorough and it's only 2 nails, they should be fine.

But if it makes you feel better then call her just to basically say if anything happens to them you'll replace them at no cost. x

Thanks for the advise ladies! Cheekychick can I ask what acrylic system you use? So do you just prep and dehydrate? I'm so surprised they last that long, however I did read on another thread about somebody forgetting primer they lasted three weeks anyway... I think I might send her a quick message today just to say I might have forgot to prime two nails and any problems come back free of charge... Xx

Definitely call her, she'll really appreciate it! And I think it's always important to prime, you don't have to but it's extra piece of mind for yourself x

Thanks for the advise ladies! Cheekychick can I ask what acrylic system you use? So do you just prep and dehydrate? I'm so surprised they last that long, however I did read on another thread about somebody forgetting primer they lasted three weeks anyway... I think I might send her a quick message today just to say I might have forgot to prime two nails and any problems come back free of charge... Xx

I use Nail harmony prohesion.
Yep I just do my normal prep, cleanse, ph bond then apply acrylic.
Obviously I use the primer on clients but I'm just saying don't stress. It wasn't the full set so she should be fine but as you said send her a little message just as a heads up x

I would call her, have her back, soak off those 2 fingers and re-do obviously without charge. Well worth it, you can then stop worrying and she will be confident in your thoroughness plus she won't lose those nails and think bad of you.

How long will that take, really, compared with the number of minutes you're going to fret about it for? Xx

Thanks for all your help guys! Ive sent her a text (as i know shes working all weekend) just saying that i think i forgot to prime the two nails she was sending the text with (i THINK i forgot to do them but i cant remember!) so just said that if they do start lifting or pop off then to come back straight away and I will re-do for her! Thanks for all your help! I still cant believe I did that! They looked really good too :(! xx

I'm sure she'll understand and appreciate your honesty x

She's sent me a message back saying they're still going strong haha! I've just said if anything changes in the next week then to let me know! Xxx

Latest posts

Back