Forgot to Scrubfresh!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harlsdiesel2

Reaction score
As the title says!! I'm such a twit just done a client and forgot to scrubfresh! Only realised after she had gone.:-(
What will happen to her nails?Xx

I forgot to scrub fresh my mother in laws nails a few weeks back (shellac) and within a day or two the shellac started to lift on quite a few nails so I re-did them x

I forgot to scrub fresh my mother in laws nails a few weeks back (shellac) and within a day or two the shellac started to lift on quite a few nails so I re-did them x

Oh gutted! I'm such an airhead she's a new client aswell.:-(
Done mine with shellac too so sounds like it's gonna happen.kicking myself now don't think I'll forget that again in a hurry.Xx

Oh gutted! I'm such an airhead she's a new client aswell.:-(
Done mine with shellac too so sounds like it's gonna happen.kicking myself now don't think I'll forget that again in a hurry.Xx

You might be lucky and the shellac may just stay put , I was just lucky it was my mother in law and not paying client lol xxx

You could always call her and say, then offer a removal and re-application free of charge within X number of days... I'm sure she would appreciate the honesty.

As the title says!! I'm such a twit just done a client and forgot to scrubfresh! Only realised after she had gone.:-(
What will happen to her nails?Xx

I did it today hun. But on myself... Think I'll redo tonight x

id call her and say something like you have had a dodgy batch and if she has any problems to give you a call and you will replace free of charge!!

id call her and say something like you have had a dodgy batch and if she has any problems to give you a call and you will replace free of charge!!

I honestly wouldn't lie to her, if you tell her anything make it the truth, she will appreciate it. X

I've sometimes not Scrub Freshed my Shellac if I've run out - although if that's the case my nails generally get a little wipe with d-sperse after I've done cuticle work... none of my Shellac has lifted or come off yet, so I'm sure you will be fine!!

If I were you, I wouldn't say a word! If all is well, she wont know any different. If she calls with a problem, however, THEN explain the situation and offer to replace. No point admitting fault if nothing is drastically wrong! Honesty is the best policy, I agree, but I once forgot to prime before L&P application and they stayed put - my client was none the wiser and I didn't look silly ;)

I'm sure everything will be fine. Don't panic, but if she calls explain politely what happened and offer to re-do.

Cxx

I agree with Verde (can't heart as on phone) that's definitely what I'd do xx

Only problem with verdes approach is that the client may not be the type to complain and if the shellac chips/peels they will just think oh well it doesn't live up to the hype I won't bother with that again, and you have lost a customer forever.

How well the shellac lasts depends on the clients underlying nail type/condition I suppose so hard to know how it will go for them. I would say honesty is best policy. Maybe call her up and ask her how they are lasting. If she says they are great you don't necessarily need to admit to vmaking a mistake.

In that case, send her a text after a week asking how she's getting on with them, and ask if she would like to book in for her reshellac. If at that point she says "well actually a few peeled" or whatever, tell her what happened and do your best to reassure her it wasn't the product and do them again.

I just think you're setting yourself up for problems if you tell her you've made a mistake, as she may pick faults when actually there's nothing wrong (Ive had a few clients that would and fully take advantage, expecting the world and trying to belittle you - I sacked one for this).

Listen hun its your call, you know the client and her nature.

Xxx

I forgotten prime once on my friendd sister. So I saw her 6 days later and made the mistake off admitting what I had done and said I was so worried about your nails! And guess what the very next day all 10 just slid off so she needed them all re doing free of charge for weekend...hmmm

I've forgotten to Scrubfresh before and forget on myself all the time and I've not had any problems, nor have any clients.
I now set my things up in a row in order of what I need at each stage in front of me iykwim and so now I don't forget but I agree with Verde too, there's no point worrying just yet as it may be completely fine and if you remove and re-apply now, especially FOC, then that's your time and money down the drain, possibly for no reason ;) I would wait and see, send her a text after a few days and see how things are.

I honestly wouldn't lie to her, if you tell her anything make it the truth, she will appreciate it. X

normally i wouldnt suggest lying to a client ( i am miss honesty herself) but i also know how hard it is to get and keep clients in this climate x

Gutted.....I've just finished a gorgeous set of Blackpool shellac on a client and realised at the end that I didn't scrubfresh! I used cuticle away and deactivated it with soapy water then went straight to base coat! I feel sick! :Scared:

What are the odds of her Shellac staying put? Does anyone have any experience of this or am I the only numpty here....

I would definitely phone ASAP and explain to get and that you will remove and re-do free of charge at a time that suits her within the next week.

As scrub fresh is CND protocol there is a very high chance you will get service break down. The scrub fresh also removes any bacteria ect so would defo not leave them

Had you already removed a set of shellac on her? If so the acetone in the remover may be enough to have dehydrated her nails and you may get away with it. Hopefully they will still last.

No, this was a new client with no polish to remove...makes it even worse :Scared:

I did a thorough search on here and Geeg posted that for the Shellac service, Scrubfresh is for cleansing & dehydrating the nail first and foremost. Shellac doesn't form pockets where the bacteria can thrive so it's the dehydrating part I'm most worried about......

Has anyone else missed Scrubfresh by mistake - any experiences on whether Shellac lasted....or not :(

Latest posts

Back