Forms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkerbel

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Im a new nail tech and I was wondering what experineced nail techs views on forms where? I find them very hard to do, is this because ive not yet mastered it or they are just hard?

i love forms,
i sculpt most of the time,
i do believe though you need to get the hang of it and realise each form cannot possibly fit each finger , without some alteration, as each finger nail differs slightly!
have fun with practising

thay are defo not hard when you have got it, youll find your times come down and your costs are less
good luck xx

Forms.are.cool.when.you.get.the.hang.of.them....I.almost.have,but.I.still.get.the.odd.
one.that.i.havent.fitted.properly..(its,very.annoying)

It.does.depend.on.the.form.too...some.are.not.too.good..I.found.the.millenium.
gold.forms.impossible.to.work.with,Nor.could.I.work.with.resusable.forms,

I,love,creative,performance.forms....and,the.NSI.rectangle.forms.too

Hey Everyone,

Im a new nail tech and I was wondering what experineced nail techs views on forms where? I find them very hard to do, is this because ive not yet mastered it or they are just hard?

I like to sculpt when the client has a free edge, if not, I tip. I have found it difficult to sculpt at ski... what is it called in English... the nails that turn upwards.... :)

C.

Forms.are.cool.when.you.get.the.hang.of.them....I.almost.have,but.I.still.get.the.odd.

thanks to everyone who answered !!!!:lol:
i was wondering what was up with all the dots......i thought u were perhaps dotty!!!!!!!!! (not funny :rolleyes:)

I like to sculpt when the client has a free edge, if not, I tip. I have found it difficult to sculpt at ski... what is it called in English... the nails that turn upwards.... :)

C.

you are right cec!!
ski jump nails!!
with these nails i tend to file right back and then apply forms, but find that after a couple of appts they need to be removed and filed right back again to conteract the natural ski jumping !

I would suggest that you have a session with your trainer, form fitting is paramount to getting the fnished nail right, if the form isn't fitted correctly, your nails won't last and you will have shadows from the natural nail coming through, too much product on the underside, and that's when you know your form fitting is not right.

you are right cec!!
ski jump nails!!
with these nails i tend to file right back and then apply forms, but find that after a couple of appts they need to be removed and filed right back again to conteract the natural ski jumping !

I don't remove the gel over ski jump nails. I just rebuild the nail/apex... Ehm, I am tired, did that make any sense? :)

C.

thanks to everyone who answered !!!!:lol:
i was wondering what was up with all the dots......i thought u were perhaps dotty!!!!!!!!! (not funny :rolleyes:)

oh.I.am.trust.me.lol...:green:

I don't remove the gel over ski jump nails. I just rebuild the nail/apex... Ehm, I am tired, did that make any sense? :)

C.

yeah cec thats what i do too, only remove the tip area and rebuild, no need to remove the whole nail,
sorry i should have worded it better

who has to go to their trainer? sorry im a bit confused? im not sure if you meant me?:confused:

who has to go to their trainer? sorry im a bit confused? im not sure if you meant me?:confused:
I meant that maybe a 1 2 1 with an educator might help you to get the forms fitting correctly and get some hands on demos on sculpting to make it easier.

:eek:just wondering i have re-usable forms but if you have a nail biter with no free ,and when you place the form there is a gap what do you do ??
Should you use it and leave a gap and work over it or use a tip in the hope it won't ping off ??
i came across this today so i tipped it lucky she never had the baulbous bit but if she had what would have been the best method ??

I love CND forms!!

:eek:just wondering i have re-usable forms but if you have a nail biter with no free ,and when you place the form there is a gap what do you do ??
Should you use it and leave a gap and work over it or use a tip in the hope it won't ping off ??
i came across this today so i tipped it lucky she never had the baulbous bit but if she had what would have been the best method ??
I have answered this on your thread hun:hug:
I bought some NSI platinum forms and I love them, yes thats a bit sad but they are so easy to use I just love them:hug:

I was always the type who learned from seeing more than reading... so you may want to check out the Young Nails website.. they have a video on Reverse application that had a small blurb on nail forms, I found it helpful! Good luck!

I was wondering about that too... to be honest, I mastered the tip&gel, but kind of affraid of doing it with forms... have to practice :) but when it comes to nail bitters, i put special tips (Pronails Half moon) and then gel, because I thought - if the nail bed is too small, there's not enough space to 'sculpt on'. But any other suggestions and experiences would be very appreciated
icon_idea.gif
icon_redface.gif

i only sculpt, i'm not a fan of tips anymore. have recently got some re-usable tips and find them great for myself as i have quite broad thumbs, youngs artistic forms are good ones to use, i first tried those horseshoe ones and found those nearly impossible to use:lol:

Latest posts

Back