Formula help for copper on level 8 hair.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 153638

Reaction score
This is for natural level 4 hair that's lifted to 7-8.

I'd like to get a copper that is not red-leaning, and that is not too bright or orange. I am hoping to achieve a more muted/"natural"-leaning copper.

I am please wondering what shades would be good for that.

Thank you!

Last edited:
This is for natural level 4 hair that's lifted to 7-8.

I'd like to get a copper that is not red-leaning, and that is not too bright or orange. I am hoping to achieve a more muted/"natural"-leaning copper.

I am please wondering what shades would be good for that.

Thank you!
What colour line do you use? Or are you open to suggestions?

What colour line do you use? Or are you open to suggestions?
Thank you for responding. I use Lorvenn and Wella. I am open to all suggestions, though.

Thank you for responding. I use Lorvenn and Wella. I am open to all suggestions, though.
8/34 + 8/03 or you could do 8/3 + 7/37 I'd strand test these to make sure they're the right tone.

8/34 + 8/03 or you could do 8/3 + 7/37 I'd strand test these to make sure they're the right tone.
That sounds really lovely, thank you. I appreciate this very much.

If I could please ask one more question: when using it on the mid length and ends, should I use Welloxon 4% or 1.9%?

If 1.9%, which colour to developer ratio, 1:1 or 1:2?

Thanks so much for your help with this post, and all my other questions so far!

If I could please ask one more question: when using it on the mid length and ends, should I use Welloxon 4% or 1.9%?

If 1.9%, which colour to developer ratio, 1:1 or 1:2?

Thanks so much for your help with this post, and all my other questions so far!
I'd probably use 4% to be honest.

Hey, I am looking for something similar so wondering how this went for you? I am naturally a level 9 its copper had faded out so its a warm v warm blonde right now. Last time I used 45g 8/34 + 5g 8/41 + 30g 7/43w/ 4% but would like it to be less red leaning and more ashy if possible. I currently have a full tube of 8/34, loads of 8/41 and 7/43. Any ideas on how I should tweak the formula?

Latest posts

Back