Formula strawberry blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura Giles

Reaction score
How would you achieve this formula with Wella Koleston?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20181115_234747.jpg
    20181115_234747.jpg
    843.6 KB · Views: 79
Also interested in a possible Wella Koleston formula to achieve the color in the photo.
A client is coming in three days to get strawberry blonde and now noting possible formulas til when she's here :)
Very grateful for help.
She said she want that typical strawberry blonde but where the blonde shines through

Photo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181116-005133_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20181116-005133_Samsung Internet.jpg
    702.3 KB · Views: 138
Depends on your starting point. Whether she’s naturally a 8/9 or it needs bleaching.

Depends on your starting point. Whether she’s naturally a 8/9 or it needs bleaching.
Naturally a level 6/7, she doesn't want to have her hair bleached. Thanks for replying

Looking back through some old notes I’ve got, you could try equal parts 8/41 & 9/5 CT with pastel on bleached hair.
However, I think if you’re looking for a KP mix that lifts and tones, you’d be better off doing some strand tests first to see how it takes.
Strawberry blonde is tricky to achieve because you don’t want it too red or too coppery.

Looking back through some old notes I’ve got, you could try equal parts 8/41 & 9/5 CT with pastel on bleached hair.
However, I think if you’re looking for a KP mix that lifts and tones, you’d be better off doing some strand tests first to see how it takes.
Strawberry blonde is tricky to achieve because you don’t want it too red or too coppery.
Thank you and yes you're so right. She says she gets blisters bad if using bleach so I understand she doesn't want it bleached. Thank you so much for your advice and formula x

Thank you and yes you're so right. She says she gets blisters bad if using bleach so I understand she doesn't want it bleached. Thank you so much for your advice and formula x

You must do a patch test and make sure it’s noted down and ideally, get your client to sign to say she didn’t suffer any reaction from the patch test.
She shouldn’t get blisters from normal scalp bleach ever, so maybe someone has been using the wrong type of bleach (off scalp), too high developer strength or maybe she’s diy-ing? Otherwise, she might have a sensitive scalp so could react to the tint too.

So many new threads seem to be about clients threatening to sue, so make sure you cover yourself.

How would you achieve this formula with Wella Koleston?
Thanks in advance
What base level are you working on? Is it virgin or coloured?

What base level are you working on? Is it virgin or coloured?
Ends are bleached but with roots of virgin hair level 7ish ash

Ends are bleached but with roots of virgin hair level 7ish ash
I wouldbt do 12/03+12/69 on the ends though :/.
If she has major roots then I'd lift the root are first with the 12/03+12/96+9% then tone the M. L. E after developing to match.
Treat it as 2 separate heads of hair.

Latest posts

Back