Formula suggestions (Wella)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Just wanted people's ideas for colour formulas. My client has previously coloured hair, she uses a semi permanent 5.15 but it's faded to more of a 6. She has sent me a couple of photos of what she has in mind. The darker one she prefers the tones and second photo she prefers the edgier colour placement. Just wanted to see what formulas you guys would use for both. She does have grey however I want to stick with a semi on the roots as I feel she doesn't need a permanent just yet and she wants the root colour to still be warm! I use wella and keeping in mind I'm working on previously coloured hair!
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_7564.jpg
    IMG_7564.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7565.jpg
    IMG_7565.jpg
    669.3 KB · Views: 32
Hi everyone. Just wanted people's ideas for colour formulas. My client has previously coloured hair, she uses a semi permanent 5.15 but it's faded to more of a 6. She has sent me a couple of photos of what she has in mind. The darker one she prefers the tones and second photo she prefers the edgier colour placement. Just wanted to see what formulas you guys would use for both. She does have grey however I want to stick with a semi on the roots as I feel she doesn't need a permanent just yet and she wants the root colour to still be warm! I use wella and keeping in mind I'm working on previously coloured hair!
Thanks in advance!
So you'll need to start with prelightening the ends first. Then I'd create a root drag with Colour touch 4/71 + 6/71
And then apply colour touch 9/16 + 8/73 to the ends.

So you'll need to start with prelightening the ends first. Then I'd create a root drag with Colour touch 4/71 + 6/71
the same method as Ronray but would consider CT root with 7/1 and tone pre-lightened balayage ends with CT 9/16

Thank you! When you say root drag, would this be done after the lighter has been rinsed off and and blend in with toner?

Latest posts

Back