Found baby pigeon what should I do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybyselina

Reaction score
There has been a baby pigeon outside my work for a few days Its only a few weeks old and i think it's mum has disowned it!! What should I do I have it in a box and taking it home I couldn't leave it!

Aw thats awful I don't know what to suggest though :-( hope someone can help x

Oh good there you go ^^

I don't think it's injured it's just too young to fly, I didn't think the RSPCA would come out for a pigeon?

Call a local wildlife charity. X

just me ;)

My cat brought in a pigeon. I just took it to the local vets and see if they could do anything.

Contact them or rspca

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had a baby blackbird in my garden, I had to get it before my dog did.

At night we kept it inside in a box with towels & newspaper. I emailed RSPB as it was a saturday evening, so guess you could call them & they will advise.

In the day time, we put it back in the garden under a table for shelter, on a shoe box lid. Its mum & dad came back numerous times in the day to feed it.

This happened for 2 days, then the little bird toddled off & we never seen it again.

But this year the samething happened only it scarped in the house as soon as I opened the door!

They fall out of their nests before they can fly... Xx

RSPCA will come out for any animal defo call them.x

I rang my vets and they said to drop it off I said will it be put down they said there not sure, my gut instinct told me not to take it in and I'm always right with it, I'm going to keep it for a few days until it plumps up abit then take it outside to see if it can fly :)

I rang my vets and they said to drop it off I said will it be put down they said there not sure, my gut instinct told me not to take it in and I'm always right with it, I'm going to keep it for a few days until it plumps up abit then take it outside to see if it can fly :)

Lmao this is me all over. I wouldn't take it to the vet either I there's a possibility it would be out down. I get too attached to things lol :) well done for rescuing it!! Xxx

Laura xx

Lmao this is me all over. I wouldn't take it to the vet either I there's a possibility it would be out down. I get too attached to things lol :) well done for rescuing it!! Xxx

Laura xx

I just couldn't it's too cute and let's me stroke it, it likes being near me :) gone take it in the garden tomorrow get it some excercise so it can get a bit stronger :)

What are you feeding it? Xx

I have took a number of birds to my local vets they have to take care for them as there wildlife,alot have wildlife groups that they call on and they might take them to get them back to full health. well done for helping the poor little thing, hope everything works out .xx:Love:

Why haven't you called the RSPCA?

They are very quick to respond and know exactly what the wee thing needs. Definetaly the best option for the bird.

RSPCA will come out for any animal defo call them.x

This is absolutely not true. To date they have failed to come out for a cat/kittnes/ a dog and some ponies when I have contacted them. Yet they still had the cheek to call me afterwards asking for money! I've given up on them.

The RSPB will give you good advice. X

This is absolutely not true. To date they have failed to come out for a cat/kittnes/ a dog and some ponies when I have contacted them. Yet they still had the cheek to call me afterwards asking for money! I've given up on them.

Well I have never had this problem when I have called them so I can't comment on your situations I'm afraid.They have been brilliant round my way.

I have been feeding it dried meal worms and garden peas and bird fat ball cut up in tiny pieces

when i was at school my dad brought a baby pigeon home. I fed it and looked after it til it could fly then took it back to where it was found in Preston town centre 7 miles from our house. We left it there thinking it would be happy with all its mates...... but no. When got home it was at my bedroom window waiting to be let in, we tried afew times to leave it various places but it was always home before us. I asked a guy that had racing pigeons he said it will never leave home and they live for 8 or so years!!! We called it Heidi (never found out if it was a boy or girl) and it lived with us and 2 cats and a dog quite happily for years.
A pigeon is for life!

I have been feeding it dried meal worms and garden peas and bird fat ball cut up in tiny pieces

Is it eating it ok?

Powdered baby food mixed with egg yolk & feed it with a syringe if it cant eat bigger bits of food yet, as Their mum regurgitates there food when they are small. Usually little but often, I couldnt believe how often mum n dad blackbird came & fed baby blackbird 😊. It maybe past that stage if its eating properly, so if it is ignore me!

Xx

Latest posts

Back