Foundation brush application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girlie

Reaction score
Read on here a while ago that a few of you rated the Body Shops foundation brush as pretty good,so invested in one a few days ago.I usually use a sponge.I tried my new brush today by putting a small amount of my liquid foundation on the back of my hand and then dipping brush into it and then kind of painted my face!
Do those of you who are make up trained have any better ways of application? Feels a bit odd,maybe because it's just new to me! End result looks ok,not streaky,can't see brush strokes,lol xxx

Hiya,

I use benefit foundation brush, only difference is I squeeze foundation directly onto brush rather than taking it from back of my hand but your way is prob better anyway!. Biggest tip although obvious is to make sure you wash the brush regularly

Well if the end result looks okay and you're happy with it, sounds like you're doing okay :green:

I dampen my foundation brush (damp not wet) sometimes for a dewy look, and also because it's more economical - if you use your foundation brush dry you will have to use more foundation due to the absorption of the hairs. You can also use moisturiser instead of water....

Play around, don't be scared of 'getting it wrong'....makeup is about creativity and experimenting and getting it right for yourself....it always washes off I've found :wink2:

Thanks,I apply a little moisturiser to face before applying the make up,I might try the damp brush see how that looks,and good advice about washing brush,is it Kolinsky sable do you think? like my nail brush? can I use shampoo as I do with that?? xx

i wash my bodyshop foundation brush with shampoo and conditioner after each use, squeeze out any water and leave it on the edge of a table to dry

Ok thanks hun xx

i dampen my brush too, i sometimes use the body shop sponge too which also needs to be damp x just takes some getting used too, i use back of hand and apply a little at a time taking broad but light sweeping strokes to get even finish hth x

the correct way to use a foundation brush this.

1st only use the tip of your foundation brush to apply the foundation to your skin. it will make the application look more professional and natural, and quicker to apply.

Put your foundation on the back of your hand, this will warm product up and will glide better on to your skin.

Once foundation is on brush starting from your fore head and work outwards towards your hair line, to blend the foundation in to the hair line, don't worry if you can see lines in the foundation, you will be getting rid of them in the next stage. Apply foundation to all of your face using this technique. Keep on adding foundation from the back of your hand don't over load brush.

next, go back to your forehead and with a downward action, get the foundation brush and brush downwards to blend the foundation in to the skin, this will give you an air brushed, dewy, very very natural effect.

I used to be a make up artist for Lancome and this is the technique we used on all skin types, as it was so natural, hope it helps!!

Thnk u all for fab advice and a big thank you minime1,that was excellent advice xx

Latest posts

Back