Foundation Course Exam

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nails at Home

Reaction score
Hi peeps - I've got my exam tomorrow for my four day foundation course - aaargghhhh!!! Have seriously been trying to revise as much as possible and get my sample nails done (in between working full time - doing existing nail clients in the evenings - goingout at the weekend for my birthday - going housework etc etc.). Anyway, just wondered if anyone could give me any advice on what to expect at the exam - how long it takes and do we get our marks on the same day? And does anyone know what the pass rate is? And anything in particular I should concentrate on in particular when revising?

Any help would be majorly appreciated.

Thanks everyone! x

Are you doing the Creative foundation course? The exam questions will differ slightly from company to company so need to know who the foundation course is with.

Nails at Home said:
Hi peeps - I've got my exam tomorrow for my four day foundation course - aaargghhhh!!! Have seriously been trying to revise as much as possible and get my sample nails done (in between working full time - doing existing nail clients in the evenings - goingout at the weekend for my birthday - going housework etc etc.). Anyway, just wondered if anyone could give me any advice on what to expect at the exam - how long it takes and do we get our marks on the same day? And does anyone know what the pass rate is? And anything in particular I should concentrate on in particular when revising?

Any help would be majorly appreciated.

Thanks everyone! x

If this is a CND Foundation Course, then you will not get your mark on the same day ...
Some people do fail the written asessment, and some do fail on the practical side. But you can re-take and we do all we can to help.
All I will tell you is there are no trick questions and the assessment covers the things in your workbook and the class lectures.
It would be an unfair advantage over the other students in yur class for you to have any other information than that. I'm sure your ambassador has given you a guide as to what to expect.

Hi, thanks for the advice and yes it is a creative foundation course - 00:19 and I've not long finished my nails for the assessment - am absolutely shattered just fingers crossed for tomorrow :)

Good luck in your exam today, i'm sure you will do fine. Let us know when you do, how you've done.:D

Good Luck on your assessment today!!

Good luck i'm sure u will do well

HI, I done my foundation course with creative in Feb this year and had results same day, i think the Pass is 38 of 51 questions. Good Luck!!!:)

hope it all goes well x

good luck , but i am sure you will be fine, and it aint as bad as you think lol , saying that i was a bag of nerves on the day :lol:

Good luck I'm sure you will be fine.

Hiya

Good luck with your exam. In fact, you're probably taking it right now!! I did my exam last Thursday for the foundation course. We got our results the same day too, which was good really. Just waiting for my certificate now!!

Hope you didn't find it too bad!!

Shaz

Good luck for today I am sure you will be ok with everything, just stay calm and remember if at first you don't succeed then try and try again. BUT I AM SURE YOU WILL NOT NEED TO DO THIS AGAIN.

It is not the norm to give the mark out on the same day but if the educator can do it then wonderful.

There is also no rule about 38 out of 51 questions being a pass. It depends on the importance of the questions you get wrong. Some questions are much more important than others.

Good Luck - let us know! Fiona (CND Educator)

Hi everyone - thanks for the vote of confidence. I passed the exam - it was a bit nerve racking when I first looked at the paper but in the end got 23 out of 25 questions right. We did get the results on the same day as we had to mark our own papers with red ink straight after the exam in order for us to know what all the answers were and to fully understand the questions! Now I've banned my nail trainer from being anywhere near me for a while - to be totally honest have been sick of the sight of nails after having to do so many on it in such a short space of time in between working full time and doing nails mobile! Hey ho it's all part of the learning curve I suppose!

But thanks again - it's so nice to have people rooting for you out there!

Love Michelle x

well done , i bet you feel ace , i know what you mean about having seen enough nails though i was the same lol , but it doesnt last long , by the end of the week you will be holding hands with the old nail trainer lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back