Foundation for combination skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faefae

Reaction score
Could any geeks recommend a foundation for combination skin with medium coverage please? It's for my make-up box when I do clients with combination blemish-prone skin, preferably oil-free. I've been using MAC and Bobbi Brown but MAC has caused some breakouts and Bobbi Brown is sometimes too heavy :-/

Any recommendations welcome! x

Hey Faefae!

Have a try of No 7 Beautifully Matte foundation. I have used so many high end foundations and nothing has worked as good as this for me! It balances oil production and it lasts as well which I found a lot of higher end foundations Ive tried haven't. xx

I love the no 7 beautifully matt also on myself best coverage for acne prone skin I have found, however it does have an SPF of 15 so not so sure it's ideal for clients if there are going to be photographed. However someone else might shed some light on this matter as I keep reading conflicting advice about SPF and titanium dioxide causing flashback.

I believe Estée Lauder double wear had changed its formula and reduced the SPF , but I believe it's not as good as it was before .

I am also on the hunt for a goodfull coverage foundation for my kit so look forward to hearing replys.

Thanks for your replies; funny you both recommended no7! I went and got a small pot to sample today! It's got good consistancy and I was impressed by it's matte finish without looking 'cakey'; I'm going to test it and see if I get any flashbacks - testing it on myself on a night out so will see how long it will last and how it will perform, and I'm sure there will be flash photography lol

I'm want to try others too if anyone else has any recommendations please x

I've just got Clarins everlasting, I have quite a few spots at the mo and oily skin. Covered my spots completely and didn't need to re powder til 3pm. Does have SPF in it though x

I've just got Clarins everlasting, I have quite a few spots at the mo and oily skin. Covered my spots completely and didn't need to re powder til 3pm. Does have SPF in it though x

I'm going to get a sample of the Clarins too; the thing is though I will need to get a light, medium and dark shade so I can mix them to match with clients skin tone, so getting 3 bottles can be costly! I don't mix different brands or types of foundation as the result isn't so good and it really affects texture and tone, so will have to get 3 of the same one; I'll have to see how much it will work out :-/

I have really oily skin and I use Clinique anti-blemish foundation works a treat!!

I have really oily skin and I use Clinique anti-blemish foundation works a treat!!

I was reading reviews about it, so will check it out; it's around how much I can spend as well! I'm trying to get samples and try them out, then when I go in holiday soon I'll buy duty free :) I can spend more then so will see if they have Clarins and Estée Lauder as well x

Latest posts

Back