Foundation mare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melly07

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
Can anyone please recommend a decent foundation suitable for oily skin (or even a primer or similar) nothing too expensive either...
I find that whatever I use looks ok or good in the morning when I put it on, then the afternoon rolls round and my face is all shiny and my eyebrows and jaw are all orange :( because its slid and gone all manky. It needs to be a good coverage because my skin is a bit scarred (not bad acne scarring opr anything just from scrapping with siblings as a child! :/ and just general uneven skin tone.
Obviously being a therapist it's not really ideal to look as if I havn't got a clue how to put make up on when actually it's because my face warmed slightly and I have oily skin:mad:
I never really enjoyed mua so after college it went out the window so any tips would be gratefully recieved
Thanks Melissa
x

hi there,
i am loving bare essentials at the mo!
i was debious as you would never think it would cover or stay, but cause it not a powder, it is a mineral, the texture is diffrent
you can get a primer to apply before hand, then the actual mineral, then a mineral called "veil"which you dust over the top to seal it on.
i got the starter pack, which was £40 odd, but you get 2 foundations, concealer,veil,warmth(bronzer/definer)3 brushes and little primer.
once you master the technique you will be well away,
i have problematic skin,senstive,roscea, blemishes etc, it covers it all!
give it a whirl x:)

£40 sounds reasonable actually for a set... I know somewhere nearby which is selling so after pay day I will definatly have a wander down there to look. thanks for the tip! xx

Hi, I used to have this problem and now i swear by Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. I put it on about 8 am in the morning and by bedtime its all still exactly where i put it. Its fantastic. If you go to your nearest Estee Lauder counter and ask them if they can colour match you and give you a little sample bottle then you could try it out first. Its about £25 but its good coverage a small bit goes along way, a bottle lasts me almost a year xx

Hi, I used to have this problem and now i swear by Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. I put it on about 8 am in the morning and by bedtime its all still exactly where i put it. Its fantastic. If you go to your nearest Estee Lauder counter and ask them if they can colour match you and give you a little sample bottle then you could try it out first. Its about £25 but its good coverage a small bit goes along way, a bottle lasts me almost a year xx

Thank you I'll take a trip to the shops next weekend and trial it. x

Latest posts

Back