Foundations for kit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deanna007

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am trying to figure out what foundations to get that would suit all skin tones and types.

At the moment, i'm thinking i will get MAC SFFluid for oily/combination skin
MAC Face and Body for dryer skin types and
MUFE HD Foundation for most skin types.

What do you guys think? I know Estee Lauder Double Wear is really good, but i just don't know.

Thank you all in advance

Yes I'm also interested in this as can't decide between mac f&b , makeup forever hd and nars sheer glow? Any advice?

My advice is try them all on yourself first, take your skin into consideration though. I am dry, but I bought SFF as every MUA and his dog seems to use it, I hated it. I never get spots but I got terrible breakouts after using it. Although I did really like the coverage. MUFE HD is a 'meh' foundation in my eyes - nothing special and doesn't have the staying power. Sheer glow is just awful. Nars All Day luminous is a better bet as it does last all day, and Estee Lauder is just fabulous and will not budge!

Yes I've had samples of all of them except nars as don't have nars near me. A lot of people are also using Armani luminous foundation.....anyone on here use this?

I'm worried about using double wear because of the flashback it has.

It's personal preference as Sallygirljojo said. What I love some other artists will hate. You just need to find what you enjoy working with.

I personally don't get on with mac face & body and found double wear really not nice to work with. But that's just me.
I totally agree with MUFE HD! I don't get the hype with that.

I do have about 5 shades of studio fix in my kit (because I thought I should have it like every other Mua) but don't even use it because I've bought others I much prefer.

I mainly use Armani luminous silk, it's a
Dream to apply and photographs beautifully even if it's flash fonclients on nights out. (It's also my favourite for brides) it's medium coverage but is buildable and it looks like skin.

I also have mac prolongwear in my kit too which I also really like. But 9 times out of 10 I'll use Armani on my clients.

If I were you, spend a day going to all the places you want samples from and try for yourself. I wish I did this in the beginning rather than just rushing straight in and buying lots of foundations I don't even use or have had to throw away. [emoji58]x

Does armani suit all skin types? Dry, oil, normal?

Does armani suit all skin types? Dry, oil, normal?

It's oil free.
I'm yet to find someones skin it hasn't suited. Not to say that it will cover everyone (I obviously do carry other foundations just in case) but so far It's been fab on everyone I've used it on. But obviously prep & priming is just as important as the foundation. x

What primer do you use ?

Cheekychick is spot on with what she says, its interesting I tried the armani on myself and again it was nice, but just didnt last well on me. But theres a lot of MUA's that love it, but for me Double Wear is my holy grail! I also stock MAC Pro Longwear and a few NARS All day luminous. Every MUA is different and will find what they work with best.

Primers - I have a range
MUFE - Smoothing Primer
MUFE - Hydrating Primer
MAC Oil control lotion which isnt really a primer I guess But hey
Make up Revolution Primer - I cant remember the name - but its my Smashbox dupe primer - I had both and the ingredients are pretty much exactly the same, in my opinion, as silicone based.

Cheekychick is spot on with what she says, its interesting I tried the armani on myself and again it was nice, but just didnt last well on me. But theres a lot of MUA's that love it, but for me Double Wear is my holy grail! I also stock MAC Pro Longwear and a few NARS All day luminous. Every MUA is different and will find what they work with best.

Primers - I have a range
MUFE - Smoothing Primer
MUFE - Hydrating Primer
MAC Oil control lotion which isnt really a primer I guess But hey
Make up Revolution Primer - I cant remember the name - but its my Smashbox dupe primer - I had both and the ingredients are pretty much exactly the same, in my opinion, as silicone based.

Ive been using the wonderland cosmetics primer and it has the exact ingredients of the smash box one and is half the price. Although mur is even cheaper so I'll look into that thank you for this! x

I've been using Charlotte Tilbury Magic foundation with her wonderglow primer, not cloggy looking on drier skin and not shiny on greasy skin, evens out the skin tone without being cakey. For a less expensive option, E.L.F have some nice foundations and lovely primers.

Latest posts

Back