Foxy Locks hair extensions won't lift

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serendipity13

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought hair extensions for a friend from Foxy Locks, color "Cinnamon", which is like Wella 8/34. But my friend changed colors in the meantime and is now level 12, neutral light blonde.

The brand says they use 100% Human Remy hair, and I asked if I could bleach the extensions they said yes, to treat the extensions like I would with my own hair. They said to be careful about damaging the hair (but that's the same caution necessary for any bleaching/lifting process).

So I first tried to bleach a strand with blue powder and volume 20, for 40 minutes. Didn't change one bit.
I then tried the same thing with volume 30 (on the same strand), for 40 minutes: no change whatsoever.
I even tried a third time and waited for 60 minutes: no freaking change.

How is this possible? They assured their hair had gone through a very gently process, so why isn't the color changing? As expected the hair is very very dry now, not soft at all, and seemed to have shrunk. BUT the color is still exactly the same.

Can someone explain that? I asked for a refund but they won't reply to my emails. Am I missing something?

Foxylocks please see trust pilot reviews.. Imogen who owns this company has gone AWOL off youtube which is where she created her brand. I am certain people have contacted trading authorities regarding false claims etc. I also know that the hair they use is acid bathed hair which makes the hair non remy because there is no cuticle in the hair, it has been removed. The fact that the hair does not lift in anyway suggests it is completely synthetic. The hair also comes shiny.

They aren't wrong about bleaching extensions, and it shouldn't be done. But because it didn't lift in the slightest is shameful on their behalf.

The fact the extensions didn’t lift is due to the processing at the factory, it’s hit or miss! And you’ll never get a refund for that - you shouldn’t colour extensions and when you do it’s always at your own risk. I never tell clients that they can be coloured as them they’ve got false hope if it doesn’t go as planned

The fact the extensions didn’t lift is due to the processing at the factory, it’s hit or miss! And you’ll never get a refund for that - you shouldn’t colour extensions and when you do it’s always at your own risk. I never tell clients that they can be coloured as them they’ve got false hope if it doesn’t go as planned

I asked Foxy Locks before I did anything; they replied and said to treat the extensions as I would do with my own hair. They confirmed I could dye them or bleach them. I know it's not ideal but it's doable - at least it should be.

Foxylocks please see trust pilot reviews.. Imogen who owns this company has gone AWOL off youtube which is where she created her brand. I am certain people have contacted trading authorities regarding false claims etc. I also know that the hair they use is acid bathed hair which makes the hair non remy because there is no cuticle in the hair, it has been removed. The fact that the hair does not lift in anyway suggests it is completely synthetic. The hair also comes shiny.

They aren't wrong about bleaching extensions, and it shouldn't be done. But because it didn't lift in the slightest is shameful on their behalf.

What a scam... There are two brands with similar names and I clicked on the wrong one on trustpilot. Never again.

I’m surprised they said yes when you asked if you could bleach them! Good idea to try a strand first so at least they arent all ruined. Didn’t your friend think changing colour would mean the extension wouldn’t match? Hair like that is usually heavily coated in a polymer coating ( which is why is so shiny) it’s to disguise the fact it’s stripped of its cuticle, that could explain why it wouldn’t dye possibly.

I’m surprised they said yes when you asked if you could bleach them! Good idea to try a strand first so at least they arent all ruined. Didn’t your friend think changing colour would mean the extension wouldn’t match? Hair like that is usually heavily coated in a polymer coating ( which is why is so shiny) it’s to disguise the fact it’s stripped of its cuticle, that could explain why it wouldn’t dye possibly.

That's exactly why I asked Foxy Locks; I told my friend to buy new extensions to match her new hair color but she said she wanted me to try and bleach the ones she had. I asked and they said that the extensions can be dyed darker with no problem, that I can also bleach them to lift but the quality of the hair wouldn't be the same. I told my friend who told me to go ahead, which I did. Honestly I would have prefered to achieve the lift with damaged hair rather than no effect at all.

It’s frustrating there’s no change at all [emoji31] hopefully they will still refund !

I don’t think they’re obliged to refund you because they’ve supplied the hair that was ordered so they’ve satisfied the terms of the contract.

If you subsequently choose to try to alter the colour, it’s always at your own risk. Did you explain to the client that you would need to re-match the hair if she colours it, in the meantime? Next time take a non-refundable deposit to cover the cost of the hair so you’re not left out of pocket.

It’s frustrating there’s no change at all [emoji31] hopefully they will still refund !

No they've stopped replying to me emails...

I don’t think they’re obliged to refund you because they’ve supplied the hair that was ordered so they’ve satisfied the terms of the contract.

If you subsequently choose to try to alter the colour, it’s always at your own risk. Did you explain to the client that you would need to re-match the hair if she colours it, in the meantime? Next time take a non-refundable deposit to cover the cost of the hair so you’re not left out of pocket.

Well like I said, I would have prefered the hair to fry and fall off BLONDE rather than frying the hair with no change at all, you know what I mean? ;)
Yes regarding my client I'll know better next time...

So they’re usually ok to lift by like a shade but because hair extensions are so extensively colourntreated, they almost never colour like natural hair - even though they’re remy human hair! They come shiny because they’re heavily coated in serums - a couple of washes and they feel so much more like human hair!
Also, Imogen that owns the company lives not far from me and has actually gone through some pretty shit stuff recently - her mum who helped her set up the brand passed away at the beginning of this year, she’s had big staff changes over the last 18months and gone through a divorce.
They aren’t a dodgy company and I can happily vouch for the products, but I would always be wary of doing more than maybe toning or darkening the hair ever so slightly.
I know there’s a lot of fakes out there though, so perhaps be wary of this - a client of mine had bought Bellami extensions not so long ago which turned out to be completely synthetic - we learnt the hard way trying to curl them! Unfortunately she’d bought them from a 3rd party supplier and they weren’t genuine.

Latest posts

Back