FRANCHISING? Anyone doing it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terese

Reaction score
Hi there, at the moment I am a mobile therapist and like many mobile therapist from time to time get abit fed up with the setting up and the putting down all the time of the equipment we may need. At the moment a home based busines is out of the question.....just moved and garage is stocked full.
So has anyone entered into a Franchise or would you say your own salon is best?
Cheers

HI there

I have been a mobile therapist for 4yrs and like you it can get you down sometimes especially for me it was the unloading and reloading that got me down coz most of the equipement is heavy as you will know.

I still do a bit of mobile but thinking of going home based as i have my dining room leading into a good sized conservatory which I have invested in a hydrotherapy hot tub so going home based seems a good idea:)

I was thinking of on the lines of what you asked but after looking into to it i changed my mind due to everything involved , I am going to try going home based see how it goes then maybe in the future when I have enough profit lol i will consider it.

Have you looked into it a great deal? I would say get loads of info and do alot of research on the company's before you decided who you want to hand your money over to.

Good luck if thats what you decide to do, be interesting to see how you get one keep me posted let me know what u decide and how you get on be interesting to see if it worth it in the long run

what kind of companies do franchises? Sorry to hijack the thread!

I went to see some that are up and running and reading the ins and outs of the literature that was given to me. I agree with you lavender and it is nothing I couldnt do myself. I guess you pay for the name and the reputation where as I would have to do that over a period of time...difficult one....Im just researching into it at the mo.......and interested on peoples thoughts as sometimes I can be blinded by the light.....

companies ? I presume the ones who want YOU to make the money for THEM?

I was also looking at converting the garage for a room but as I have just moved finding the space for all the items is proving a nightmare

There was a nail company called ten nails (I think) and it was expensive.

I just wonder that if you invested the same amount of money on your own business you could have a great set up yourself.

I once looked into the cuticles franchise, which is probably the most well known, but tbh I thought that the start up fees were far too expensive, and I really couldnt see what benefit you were getting to warrent the weekly fee....I decided to stay as I was, and I am glad I did because things are going really well, and I would not be happy about having to hand over cash every week as things are!:)

Hi there, at the moment I am a mobile therapist and like many mobile therapist from time to time get abit fed up with the setting up and the putting down all the time of the equipment we may need. At the moment a home based busines is out of the question.....just moved and garage is stocked full.
So has anyone entered into a Franchise or would you say your own salon is best?
Cheers

Hi All

Franchise can be very expensive New york nail company is looking for approx 40K - 100K for thier franchise with in A large well known department store and you have to use all thier products,

MMMMMMMMM me thinks if you have this kind of money why now go it alone then you choose the products ect. Also at the end of the the day the MONEY is also yours.........

MMMMMMMM me thinks this is a better Idea:hug:

Latest posts

Back