Fraud commited

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You poor thing! This story leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

I agree you should have received payment first but if you were corresponding then I completely understand why that may not have been the first matter out of the way.
As a positive, I am glad you've put it forward to the rest of us, at least that way we have shared in your experience and would allow it to happen to anymore of us.
Li.xx

What an awful thing to happen ... hope you are able to get everything sorted out soon.

Cathy,

This is awful, I too hope she reads this and has an attack of guilt at the appalling way she has behaved.

Caroline

Name & Shame? I disagree for the following reasons.

1. If the person has 'done a runner' with your money, they're not likely to show their faces in here again, are they? So starting a slagging thread is not going to help your situation. It only ends up putting a negative spin on this fantastic site which I'm sure you dont want to do.

2. Maybe the person involved really has a genuine problem and hopes to pay you shortly. If you badmouth them now, how is that going to make you feel if he/she pays up in the near future? It will then be too late to retract whatever you might post here.

I recommend that you continue to try and secure payment for your goods through normal contact, ie, emails & phone calls, etc. If that fails, maybe legal action somewhere down the road (providing you are reasonably sure that you have been ripped off).

Some good advice for anyone selling goods online: Unless you know the buyer personally, TRUST NOBODY! On the internet, it is so so easy to be anonymous and pretend to be someone or something you're not. Get your payment before you part with your goods. It makes good business sense.

Cath, I sincerely hope you get your payment soon.

i am with shaun on this , i dont trust anyone unless i know them well enough, i know thats awful but i have been ripped off by being trusting and its better to make sure that you get the cash upfront , or make sure the cheque has cleared, i really hope you get your money back hun ,,xx

I think Shaun has put this beautifully, watch out GMG he is big competition!!!!!!!!!

How can people do this sort of thing and sleep at night? She would have had to pay the store if she bought it from them right?

hmmm its a tricky one this?! i have been buying and selling on ebay for 3 years and i have had a few things happen i once had a cheque bounce for 99p ??! can u believe that? and someone who didnt pay for a nail polish for £2 etc?! i would be too ashamed to be them quite honestly!
i understand what people are saying about not naming and shaming people, make love not war blah blah blah but the worlds not like that sorry to say....i would maybe try to get a phone number? do you still have this persons address? try and get in touch with them, then if not seek legal advice but i dont think you will get very far as you sent the item before recieving payment (just a mistake trusting someone)
Good luck in whatever you decide to do, hope they are just skint at the mo and pay you soon....but i do believe the direct approach is best try ringing or better still go round ?! (if its not too far lol )

Witch hunt over you guys!!! After threatening legal action on monday, I finaly got a cheque today in the post...... only 3weeks late. Just to set the record straight..... I said all along that I had no intention of naming and shaming the person involved! I just thought my fellow geeks should have been aware of what had happened. Hopefully a lesson has been learned, I know I have. Thanks for all your interest and advice.x

Cath.p. said:
I should post her name up here so everyone is warned about her!! Wadya think ?
In a way Rose 143 is right as it's not professional but then neither is the 'so called professional' who hasn't paid you, and I don't want to be associating with someone like that on this site. I know we don't know everyone personally, but we rely on eachother for professional support and sometimes a laugh or just a shoulder to cry on. I agree, go through the Geek first and if no joy there then I would name and shame. Sorry, just my opinion!

Mrs.Clooney said:
In a way Rose 143 is right as it's not professional but then neither is the 'so called professional' who hasn't paid you, and I don't want to be associating with someone like that on this site. I know we don't know everyone personally, but we rely on eachother for professional support and sometimes a laugh or just a shoulder to cry on. I agree, go through the Geek first and if no joy there then I would name and shame. Sorry, just my opinion!
Oh NO! Now I feel like a right tod. Posted this before seeing the last thread. SORRY. Good on you though and I'll keep my mouth shut now............

Yep Yep Yep
Human nature GREAT AINT IT,,,,,,,,,NOT.

Hope all works out for you and take comfort in the fact that you are not the only one that has been RIPPED OFF by a GEEK........
As I am seeking legal advice on this matter I cannot NAME & SHAME.....yet.

Not only were documents STOLEN but the cheeky THING emailed me telling me that I should work for a compeditor & then STEAL their concept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EXACT WORDS............

Geeks or Freaks????????
Dont know tho till ya bitten.....

All the Best
XX J XX

i always want to see the good in people.....but....i am learning slowly but surely....get tough - get more ruthless!!! Not in my nature but i am sure you have to be to succeed!

Any way enough drivvle OFF POST - i would SO have wanted to name and shame this geek if it was me !(bit of a hot head at times) ....

Ambx

Great to hear its all sorted now Cath. Hopefully it was just an isolated incident because it would be a real shame if people felt they couldn't trust each other in Geekbay transactions anymore.

pleased to hear it's all been resolved, shame it took a while but there's a lesson in this for us all.
xxx

Hi there, I have just read this post and it made me so cross, although I am now over the moon that the person involved did pay up, well done to that person for doing the right thing.

A lot of us are honest but there are people out there that just do not know how to be, maybe due to past experiences them selves. I can sympathise so much as myself and my husband recently bought a car, 2 grand and from the first day it had problems, 21 faults in total with in 2 weeks, he sold us a car that was not fit to be on the road but decieved us so well it looked great and drove wonderfuly to start with. Anyway I have escaped death twice, brakes failed and then the automatic transminssion in gear box fell out with over a galon of oil, not to mention the other massive problems, 3 months of having the car now and it can not be driven, so we are paying a bank loan back for a car to sit and leak petrol and oil etc on our drive. Yes it had a 3 month warentee but when I took the car back the chap told me to winde my F...ing neck in stop moaning and its tough luck he is retiering now. I went to police trading standards every where but he has commited no crime in the eyes of the law, however if I die in the car they will investigate.

I was so so angry with the man to start with wanted to smash his garage up ruin all his cars take him under, smack him on the head with a tool, but you know I didnt its not in my nature, now I laugh at him as he has at me and think to myself he must have a reason for being so cruel and money grabbing, he is obviously lacking in all the qualities I have, honesty, kindness, honour, and so forth so who has lost realy? I feel for his poor family and send good wishes to him every day in hope that maybe just maybe one day he will see right from wrong.

So although I feel sick to the stomach that a geek has gone threw such a horrid time I really feel that you should be glad that the person has seen right from wrong, thats one less muppet in the wolrd now.

Take care oh and next time trust less and get the dosh first. x

Grace hun, have you been in touch with the people who you took your car loan out with. It's a while since I sold cars, but I think it's called something like a tri-partite agreement. As the lender they have an interest in your car and so can act on your behalf to help you get it sorted. have you been in touch with the warranty company too, because a warranty is only effective if it has been put through a workshop and had any defects corrected - so he may have sold you a fraudulent warranty and you may be able to take him down with this!

My b/f runs a large group of motor dealers, so let me know if I can be of more help as I'll ask his advice for you. I only dealt in Fleet so my retail knowledge is not the best.

Hi Cathy,

I've just read your post, and I'm sorry that has happened to you. I think for the sake of anyone else losing money ( or merchandise ) to this person, you should post her name. She's the only one that should be ashamed. It will also let the rest of us know not to do business with whoever she is.
God Bless...Diana :o)
Cath.p. said:
I should post her name up here so everyone is warned about her!! Wadya think ?

I agree with you Ka8tie! Why should you give them the sense of relief by knowing that their identity is protected? It only gives them encouragement to do it again since no one will know who it is. Who knows, by doing it you might be preventing this from happening to someone else. If she feels "publicly humiliated" then maybe it'll make her understand the consequences of her actions and she'll pay up.

Rose143 said:
Not trying to be funny K8tie but what is this honestly going to prove and what positive response will you get from publicly humiliating someone, it's not gonna get Cathie her money any quicker and I think naming somene can only make others loose respect for you if you use it in this way, when you know it's wrong to do it in the first place.

I think let Cathie make her own mind up as to how she is going to deal with it and I still think GMG should be notified!

xxxxx

Rose143 said:
With all do respect, I don't think that's a good idea hun, we don't want a war to break out! Have you tried pm'ing GMG?

stuff that!!! Where does being nice get you in this day & age??!!

Name & Shame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back