Freaky crumbling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
:mad: Went to see client on Sunday who was overdue for infill by one week with my current fibreglass system. Now I know she is not one for wearing rubber gloves and when I started treating her she said she had oil from previous time and needed no more,,,but I yesterday on two nails when I started to thin the application it just kept crumbling...anyway took any dried product off and reapplied as per usual. Left the client with a bottle of oil as a little new years gift...

In an experts opinion has this happened because of
A) bad product
B) lack of oil
C) lack of oil and overdue appointment, not wearing rubber gloves.

Or all of the above.

Please advise probably won't have my new Fabric~ kit for another 2 weeks! I think it might be a combination....please can someone help or advise

Probably all of the above.

The product you are working with isn't BAD, but Fabric# is better. The reason being that the Fabric# system is not soluble in water and the system you are using is far more suseptable to break down when exposed to water and just doesn't stand up to it like the fabric# system. In fact, no other wrap system has the longevity of theFabric# system. One of the reasons it is so great.

The use of oil would help to restore moisture to the enhancement (unless the oil you are supplying contains mineral oil) when used regularly, but will not replace it once the product has dried out.

I NEVER wear rubber gloves and I wear Fabric# all the time. My enhancements last and last for me ... but I do use SolarOil every day.

An of course, regular maintenance is a must. Clients do take these enhancements for granted and do abuse them ... in the end, they have to pay for it as it makes so much more work for you, the technician.

geeg said:
Probably all of the above.

I NEVER wear rubber gloves and I wear Fabric# all the time. My enhancements last and last for me ... but I do use SolarOil every day.

An of course, regular maintenance is a must. Clients do take these enhancements for granted and do abuse them ... in the end, they have to pay for it as it makes so much more work for you, the technician.

Crikey not having to wear gloves now that's impressive and great news because I know some of my ladies don't/wont...I'm off to but Fabric# on Monday (so so excited) and once I have applied it to myself will by changing all my clients over once can soak of existing product...

The only problem I have is that some of my clients are careful with their money (being polite) and they won't buy the oil, so I supply them FOC to try and keep their nails tip top..this cost me £1.65 will I be able to buy a mini solar for about the same price?...Thanks you yet again for your tution and advise...I don't now what I'd do without this site.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back