Free bridal consultation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooky

Reaction score
Have finally got my business cards sorted, though now think they are misleading, on my card I have put free bridal consultation, which basically meant the talking bit, finding out details, colours, times and dates, will there be bridesmaids? though do you think the bride will expect application trial for free??? I will have to cover product costs and travel so do you think I should make it clear that if I use products and their a hike away I will be charging. :( a little sad about this cause though the cards were a bargain at £22 for x amount my partner paid for them and before vat ect it stated they were 9.99 so spent a lot more than thought. What's your thought on this geeks?x

I think it's ok, as long as the wording literally is " free bridal consultation". When people ask you can say that yes you provide a completely free consultation to assess your brides needs and services required, and that you're happy to do this over the phone or they can come to you at an agreed time. Once happy, you can then agree and arrange a bridal trial where you will get to try some of the ideas discussed....

Tbh I think by offering free consultations you will be attracting the wrong type of client and you will be dealing with time wasters who will have no intention of booking a trial, but just want to pump you for info.

most pro MUA will only discus timings, availability, booking numbers and dates for free. If the bride wants to discus makeup options or ideas without booking a trial a consultation fee is paid as our knowledge, experience if worth paying for.

Personally I only discus timings, availability, booking numbers and dates for free and if they want to discus anything else they have to book/pay for a consult or book/pay for a trial

My knowledge and experience is worth paying for :)

Thankyou curvy girl.. Feel better now :) ... Your local to me, about half hour. Hope things are going well x

Consultations should always be free, I did it quite odd when I see "free consultation" on websites or flyers to be honest. They are their to put the client at ease about your skill, and for you to find out what you may need to buy in so the trial goes perfectly.
X

I have always offered a bride a 30 minute consultation at no charge. They have to come to me at my treatment room, we talk about their expectations and requirements from me as their mua , and I show pictures of my work. I never run over 30 minutes and they always book a trial before they leave. When I know my clients requirements I am more prepared and the trial runs smoothly.

I don't agree that offering a consultation attracts the wrong type of client or time wasters. What is the wrong type of client???? Most of my brides have commented that meeting me for a consultation reassures them that I am professional and very capable and they are happy and excited to book a trial as they know it will be worth it.

Just make sure you stick to a time limit and don't let them go without the trial being booked. Good Luck x

Hello emma@lashes, Thankyou for taking the time to write back.... That comment baffled me a bit... "wrong type of client???" every client is potential business and to promote myself I am willing to give a free service for half hour to gain custom, and like you said show my professionalism and skills to gain her trust for her very special day:) I was initially worried that consultation meant free application... Though then it would say free bridal trial!! So you geeks have put my mind at rest. Thanks again :hug:x

Latest posts

Back