Free demos on one nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Hi,im interested to know how many of you go out of your way to give peeps a free demo on one nail to see if they liked the product your using,i had somebody phone me today didnt like acrylic wanted gel,she was worried Bio would be too flexable for her,she wanted a stronger gel and was ummin and rring about it ,in the end she took a price and said shed have a think about it.Now me brains been ticking over,and im thinking if im in that situation again ,should i offer them a free demo,what do you think?x:rolleyes:

Hi,im interested to know how many of you go out of your way to give peeps a free demo on one nail to see if they liked the product your using,i had somebody phone me today didnt like acrylic wanted gel,she was worried Bio would be too flexable for her,she wanted a stronger gel and was ummin and rring about it ,in the end she took a price and said shed have a think about it.Now me brains been ticking over,and im thinking if im in that situation again ,should i offer them a free demo,what do you think?x:rolleyes:

When I first started, I did this. And I got a lot of clients from it. It's the best way to show them what you can and how you differ from others.

C.

Even now, I give a free nail to anyone who isnt sure what they want.

I am confident in my own product and the quality that I provide to ensure that in the majoity of occassions anyone trying out one nail.... will want more!!

Be confident in the service you provide, and if it is good people will come back to you!!

One free nail, is simply good advertising.

Sue X

I am confident in my own product and the quality that I provide to ensure that in the majoity of occassions anyone trying out one nail.... will want more!!

Be confident in the service you provide, and if it is good people will come back to you!!

Sue X

My thoughts word for word!:wink2:

Sue X

Agree totally. I do this too and it works, people do come back. I think such a lot of people have unfortunately had bad experiences or heard of people who have had them that they either think the nail will look rubbish or will drop off in a couple of days. When convinced otherwise, they book!!

I know this is slightly off track but when I was looking to train in a particular product I thought it would be nice to talk to a qualified tech face to face and ask if she would do one nail on me before I made my decision. the answer from everyone I tried was a big fat no. "If you want to try..... you have to have a full set" is the answer i got.

Back on track - I have never been asked but of course I would do a sample first.

I always offer a free nail to my clients.

I know this is slightly off track but when I was looking to train in a particular product I thought it would be nice to talk to a qualified tech face to face and ask if she would do one nail on me before I made my decision. the answer from everyone I tried was a big fat no. "If you want to try..... you have to have a full set" is the answer i got.

Back on track - I have never been asked but of course I would do a sample first.

I think that was very short sighted of them.

What did you do? Did you book a full set? My guess is no . . . most people would consider it too much money to potentially "waste" . . . no, they hotfoot it down to the nearest £15 a set shop a try it on the cheap :grr: ( I know you were looking to train, but the same applies with potential clients)

There is only one reason, as far as I can see, why a nail tech would refuse you a trial nail . . . and that is because she/he doesn't have much confidence in her/his work. They would rather you bought a full set because they know you won't be going back. I mean, how long does one nail take?

it's not really about the product you use, it's about your method/look and longevity of what you do. If you are confident enough, you should be able to take a few minutes out to prove it. You are not only proving it to the person you are doing the freebie on, you are proving it to everyone she speaks to..It's an amazing promotional tool.

Latest posts

Back