Free edge bigger/nail plate lifting from nail bed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlytaylor1986

Reaction score
Hello, wonder if anyone can shed some light.

Recently I've taken my shellac off, normally my nails are very healthy if not a little thin, however ive noticed that on some of my nails, the free edge "smile line" is considerably higher one side than the other side (practically half way up my nail) and when i run my other nail underneath it to see if it's just discolouration or where my nail plate has lifted, it is actually my nail plate lifting. What has caused this? and what can i do to prevent them lifting more/restore them to normal? its making me feel quite sick.

Thanks all :)

oh and i have attached (i think) a picture. im really worried :sad:

Attachments

• nail.jpg
    nail.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 4,226
Now I'm very inexperienced but I'd be concerned it was a fungal nail infection...sure someone else can help xx

Now I'm very inexperienced but I'd be concerned it was a fungal nail infection...sure someone else can help xx

I really don't believe it is, as it's like it on most of my nails! i've recently had a viral infection and was prescribed penacilin which strangely has caused the tops of my fingers to peel...as the doctor said it would, finding it very strange :( x

I really don't believe it is, as it's like it on most of my nails! i've recently had a viral infection and was prescribed penacilin which strangely has caused the tops of my fingers to peel...as the doctor said it would, finding it very strange :( x
I really hope it's not hun, hope you can find out what it is xxx

Thanks Izzidoll! I feared it may be that. I am a complete panicker and am so worried. I will take all of my nails quite short as most of them have it and use solar oil religiously! Could it be down to my peeling fingers from the penacilin or even (I hate to admit it) that I peel off my shellac instead of soaking? :( x

Latest posts

Back