Free edge placement

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sass

Reaction score
I have been searching for a thread or tutorial concerning the placement of the free edge, whether it be with tips or sculpts.

Alot of pics on here and the rest of the web show a huge variation on where the individual Nail Tech chooses to place their free edge. Some are obviously to close to the eponychium leaving a small nail bed and large free edge etc.,:confused:

I was wondering if there is a 'standard' guide for the application of a free edge? Or if any of our well educated Techs could post a guideline?

Nobody has any advice????:sad:

I place the free edge where the natural nail free edge is.

If nails are bitten or the bed is short, I place the free edge where I know it will look best.

You have to learn to use your own artistic judgement. A good rule of thumb, is one third white and two thirds pink.

Thanks for the response Geeg - I posed the question in truth because of a comment by yourself on an old thread, something along the lines of - most people do not know where to correctly position the free edge - unfortunately I can't find the thread LOL I really should remember to subscribe to threads that interest me, eh?

Thanks for the advice though.:Love:

Latest posts

Back