FREE Geeky Waxing Workshop in WALES 16th June

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiom

Reaction score
The Geeky Waxing Roadshow is coming to Wales!! :D

Thanks to the kindness and generosity of fellow Geek Vanessa, we're running a free waxing workshop in Cardiff on Monday 16th June.

WELSH GEEKY WAXING WORKSHOP

Are you up-to-date with the latest products, techniques and developments in the waxing world? The new generation of non-strip waxes by various companies are set to revolutionise the face of temporary hair removal with their advanced formulations and unique 'shrink wrapping' abilities, but their use is currently a little known art within the UK.

With summer on it’s way and waxing as popular as ever in the salon, there’s never been a better time to refresh our knowledge and enhance our skills with a FREE Geeky Waxing Workshop, Wales-style! :green:

DETAILS

Date: Monday 16th June 2008
Time: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Venue: Cardiff city centre (map and directions will be provided)
Cost: FREE OF CHARGE to existing Geeks

CONTENT
  • Introduction to the new generation non-strip waxes
  • Refresher on contra-indications and cautions
  • Demonstration of non-strip waxing techniques
  • Play time: practice on fellow Geeks
  • Troubleshooting, hints and tips
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS

Attendees must hold a recognised waxing or sugaring qualification and insurance, or be in training. As waxing techniques will be practiced on each other, everyone attending the workshop must be prepared to be waxed on the day; please grow an assortment of hair for at least 2 weeks beforehand (e.g. legs, underarms, or even your bikini line if you’re feeling particularly brave!).

HOW TO BOOK

Email me at [email protected] with your Geek name, real name and contact telephone number. I will send a confirmation email within 24-hours with workshop information and directions to the venue if you have been successful in securing a place.

To keep things simple, please do not ask to be booked via this thread or by PM, as the chances are I won’t see your message for a few days. I work full-time, so don't panic if you don't get a reply straight away! :wink2:

Spaces are limited and restricted to existing Geeks, PLEASE only book yourself a place once you are 100% certain that you can attend. If you fail to show on the day without letting me know in advance, you’ll face the wrath of me and any fellow Geeks who missed out on a place (and I bite!).

5 SPACES LEFT

I’ll be updating this thread once a week, so don’t fret if your name doesn’t appear here straight away.

Wax on!! :green:

Andy x

Last edited:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: What the heck is non-strip wax??! What’s so great about this new generation of waxes anyway?
A: You may have heard it referred to as hard wax, peelable wax, film wax or hot wax. Traditional hot wax is applied in a thick layer or built up over several layers, usually in a fiddly figure-of-eight pattern to ensure a thorough coating of all hairs. It is left to cool and harden on the skin and is then removed by hand, taking the hair with it. New generation non-strip waxes share these unique ‘shrink wrapping’ abilities but are lower in temperature, easier to apply and stay flexible as they cool, making them much more comfortable for the client and an ideal choice for removing short, coarse and stubborn hairs anywhere on the body.

Q: I’ve never used non-strip waxes before, am I still welcome to attend?
A: Yes, absolutely! The workshop is open to all qualified and student hair removal technicians, regardless of your level of experience, the brand you currently use or your preferred technique (strip wax, hot wax or sugaring). A full introduction to modern non-strip waxes will be provided, and there will be plenty of time to play with the products and practice your skills during the remainder of the workshop.

Q: Can I bring a friend / colleague?
A: Because these workshops get so busy, I'm afraid we have to restrict places to existing members of SalonGeek so that everyone who wants to attend is able to do so. Please email me for details of alternative training dates.

Q: Does this workshop cover Brazilian waxing?
A: No, although there will be an opportunity to discuss these techniques with fellow attendees.

Q: Do I have to buy anything on the day?
A: No. Leave your purse at home if you don’t believe me! :D

Q: What’s in it for you?
A: You can buy me a gin and tonic next time we meet.

Q: What’s the catch?
A: Oh ye of little faith :green: There isn’t one, just come along and share the love!

More questions? I live to serve. Please email me or post them here for all to see.

Andy x

NO.............................. I'll be doing assessments. I'm only in collegel on mondays and we finish on the 23rd. Sooooo gutted!!!

OOh this is Fab im only an hour or so from Cardiff .. going to check my diary!

So not impressed with that date........I'm on holiday :lol: xx

Nearest Airport please?????:)

Nearest Airport please?????:)

You have the choice of Cardiff Airport or Bristol Airport. Cardiff is closer but is a fair way out of Cardiff and the public transport to it is a bit pants.

Taxis are expensive. This site Pre-book Cardiff Airport Taxi Transfer Service quotes a £60 round trip to the salon.

For train travellers, if you get a ticket to Cardiff Queen Street we are about 200 yards from the station.

Anyone driving and wants parking advice, please pm me.

Regards

Mike

Would love to go but its too far away :cry:

You have the choice of Cardiff Airport or Bristol Airport. Cardiff is closer but is a fair way out of Cardiff and the public transport to it is a bit pants.

Taxis are expensive. This site Pre-book Cardiff Airport Taxi Transfer Service quotes a £60 round trip to the salon.

For train travellers, if you get a ticket to Cardiff Queen Street we are about 200 yards from the station.

Anyone driving and wants parking advice, please pm me.

Regards

Mike

Mike thanks for that info it is very useful.:hug:

I am sorry tho cos my question was a bit tongue in cheek, cos I am known as Andy's official stalker :).

I am sure you will all have a fantastic day and Andy will breathe a sigh of relief that it's a bit too far for me to travel :)

Im a bit confused by all this, as I would like to do waxing but dont hold a waxing cert, but some peeps have told me I can just do a waxing course, which I got in touch with Kimmie about, and I wouldve loved to attend this workshop but cant because I havent got a cert!

Confuzzled I AM!

Mike thanks for that info it is very useful.:hug:

I am sorry tho cos my question was a bit tongue in cheek, cos I am known as Andy's official stalker :).

I am sure you will all have a fantastic day and Andy will breathe a sigh of relief that it's a bit too far for me to travel :)

Thought so, but used it as an opportunity to give directions.

Regards

Mike

oh Andy ,

im gutted as it is to far away and im dying to do one of your courses can we come to some kind of arrangement pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Me and emmsybabe are needing you up here now as we need to wax with you lol

xxxxxxx

Im a bit confused by all this, as I would like to do waxing but dont hold a waxing cert, but some peeps have told me I can just do a waxing course, which I got in touch with Kimmie about, and I wouldve loved to attend this workshop but cant because I havent got a cert!

Confuzzled I AM!

Hopefully Andy will come on and explain this better than me, but basically when you learn waxing as a beginner, there is lots of theory to learn before attempting the practical aspect, but these workshps are more about getting to play with different types of wax and learning new techniques from Andy, and sharing hints and tips with other geeks. More of a familiarisation with the latest generation hot waxes. Hope this helps! Clumsily put as always:green:

Confuzzled I AM!
I know......it's a bummer isn't it. Book yourself onto a short beginners course and then practise practise practise. Buy yourself a really good book on the theory of waxing and then, once you can handle a spatula with confidence, book in with Andy or me and we'll show how to wax like a pro. xxxx

oh Andy ,

im gutted as it is to far away and im dying to do one of your courses can we come to some kind of arrangement pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Me and emmsybabe are needing you up here now as we need to wax with you lol

xxxxxxx
and me too would love to know if you can get to this part of the world lol

so andy how about that then me joolz and emmsybabes all require your services in the north west

Please Jim can you fix it for us XXXXXXX

Thanks guys, I had been led to believe that anybody could just walk straight onto a course, I thought there must be theory, otherwise if there wasnt, it would be a pretty pants course yes!

I will book myself onto a course asap!

xxxxxx

I have just joined salongeek and think this is fantastic. I live 30 minutes away from Cardiff and hope I'm not to late to join this!

I have just joined salongeek and think this is fantastic. I live 30 minutes away from Cardiff and hope I'm not to late to join this!

Have you emailed Andy for a place on [email protected]

It is certain to be a great day! Make sure you grow your hair too! :hug:

can highly recommend these workshops and andy is just a natural at making anyone at ease !!!

you would be amazed what you can pick up in one session!!

wax on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back