Free NVQ Training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopi679

Reaction score
Hi
does anyone remember a while back on here someone submitted a thread about some free NVQ nail training?

If so I am trying to find the number for the company that does it but cant find the old thread.
Does anyone have it please and has anyone taken up the training?
If so how did it go?

Many thanks.x

Yes the thread was called ...omg!!!!free nvq assesment , the thread was actually closed by Geeg back in May as it was basically a load of nosense, no NVQ assesment is free.!

Last edited:
I tried to get these free nvq assessments , but so far ive had no luck with it !
I filled in the form they sent me and sent it back, i have emailed a few times and still havnt been able to start it ....that was back in April time ...

I have now gone to one of the satellite assessment centres and started my nvq 3 weeks ago, this was a better option for me rather than keep waiting .....

Have a look in the thread mentioned above and it will give you the telephone number to get in touch with the people offering the "free" nvq L2 assessments.

Has anyone actually done their nvq assessments through this company since the last thread was started ???

Everyone's saying NVQ training isn't free.
If you go to a college it is you just have to pay for the accesories and uniform at a local college this is about 150 pounds but i attend yorkshire college of beauty and that's 300pounds.
So nvq college training can be free

wasn't it just the nvq assessment that was free....not any kind of training ?

Hi i also was interested and dont seem to be able to find any where near me that fits in with my job and lifestyle, was wondering if any one knows of a assessment centre near me in west yorkshire, as am relly looking forward to gaining my nvq 2 nail services

I think it's the assessments that would be free but only if you met certain criteria first. Usually over 25 yrs with five or less A-C GCSE's or equivalent. Don't think they were offering any training though, just assessment of what you do already at work.

This is why I didn't enquire as I needed the training too...

Hi i also was interested and dont seem to be able to find any where near me that fits in with my job and lifestyle, was wondering if any one knows of a assessment centre near me in west yorkshire, as am relly looking forward to gaining my nvq 2 nail services

Hi,If you go to Professional Beauty and Professional Spa - Welcome and have a look down the left hand side ,there is a link to the ANT and their contact details are there. They are really helpful and will do everything they can to help you and tell you where your closest Satellite Assessment Centre is.

HTH'S

I tried to get these free nvq assessments , but so far ive had no luck with it !
I filled in the form they sent me and sent it back, i have emailed a few times and still havnt been able to start it ....that was back in April time ...

I have now gone to one of the satellite assessment centres and started my nvq 3 weeks ago, this was a better option for me rather than keep waiting .....

Have a look in the thread mentioned above and it will give you the telephone number to get in touch with the people offering the "free" nvq L2 assessments.

Has anyone actually done their nvq assessments through this company since the last thread was started ???
the reason no one has called you back is that you told the centre you had some very personall family stuff happning in your life, with out wanting to talk about things on a private matter, and my understanding is you would call when this is cleared and you are able to move forward? There are 2 classes allready starting both classes are full i am told. It is not free it is goverment funded, which means will not cost a penny to you if you fit in to that catogorie. Usually if some one is 19 plus has no nvq, then in a number of cases will also get an ammount of strutred learning as well. Goverment funded courses are availble in a variety of topices and services are can be provided by a number of organisation with in the uk.

are you looking forward to doing something day or evening?

the reason no one has called you back is that you told the centre you had some very personall family stuff happning in your life, with out wanting to talk about things on a private matter, and my understanding is you would call when this is cleared and you are able to move forward? There are 2 classes allready starting both classes are full i am told. It is not free it is goverment funded, which means will not cost a penny to you if you fit in to that catogorie. Usually if some one is 19 plus has no nvq, then in a number of cases will also get an ammount of strutred learning as well. Goverment funded courses are availble in a variety of topices and services are can be provided by a number of organisation with in the uk.

I havnt actually spoke to the "centre" that you have said about , i have only ever emailed them with regards to my nvq assessments after i had sent my forms back to them and didnt hear anything!! My last email was sent several weeks ago and to date i have had no reply....

I do find it extremly upsetting tho, that you find it ok to post on here that i have some very personal family stuff going on, when i actually spoke to you personally in confidence about my mums illness because it was one of the main reasons,along with many other things that i didnt take you up on the offer you made me to be an Odyssey Educator, which in my opinion has nothing to do with the NVQ assessments i applied for.

I do feel that what you posted about me has no relevence to this thread and im sure not everyone on salongeek wishes to know about my problems,if you feel the need to, please pm instead.

Last edited:

Bradford college do NVQ in nail services on an evening chick, why dont you try there? Or go to the Creative nail courses? in Leeds?

I do feel that what you posted about me has no relevence to this thread and im sure not everyone on salongeek wishes to know about my problems,if you feel the need to, please pm instead.

Well said hunny...:hug: x

I also rang about this and spoke to someone last april. She said that she would ring me back and I am still waiting.
I don't think peoples personal lives which stated in confidence should be posted on a forum.

Well actually I received an application form...I filled it out straight away and sent it back and ive never heard anything ever since either.

I havnt actually spoke to the "centre" that you have said about , i have only ever emailed them with regards to my nvq assessments after i had sent my forms back to them and didnt hear anything!! My last email was sent several weeks ago and to date i have had no reply....

I do find it extremly upsetting tho, that you find it ok to post on here that i have some very personal family stuff going on, when i actually spoke to you personally in confidence about my mums illness because it was one of the main reasons,along with many other things that i didnt take you up on the offer you made me to be an Odyssey Educator, which in my opinion has nothing to do with the NVQ assessments i applied for.

my apologies hazel, no one has been in contact as they did not want to ring at a bad time, for what ever subject it was, trainning or nvq. hope all is well at your end.take care

Well actually I received an application form...I filled it out straight away and sent it back and ive never heard anything ever since either.
will pm u with a contact name and number i have been given, 2 deal direct

Latest posts

Back