Free Salon Software! from Salonlite

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

York

Reaction score
Hi there... I was wondering if any of you use `Salon Lite` software, i have looked at the website and it looks fab for smaller salons and spas, it says its free but as everyone knows nothing is free lol, so if anyone uses it or knows about it any info would be good. If you have not heard of it have a look.:confused:

salonlite.com

I've looked at it. It seems good. The only reason I can't use it is because I'm mobile and I want to be able to access it when I'm out and about and it doesn't really work to well on my phone but I think it works in an iPad. I think they are working on a phone view so I may switch over when that's available.

There's a geek on here called PreimerIan who works for them so he'll be able to give you any information you want to know.

I use it and it is good, although I've sent 3 separate emails to their customer support team and heard zilch back even though I've had read receipts so I'm on the lookout for another one now as its not filling me with confidence!

Hi there... I was wondering if any of you use `Salon Lite` software, i have looked at the website and it looks fab for smaller salons and spas, it says its free but as everyone knows nothing is free lol, so if anyone uses it or knows about it any info would be good. If you have not heard of it have a look.:confused:

salonlite.com

Happy to answer any questions :)

Edit: just noticed the 'nothing is free' bit.. well, some things are. It's honestly, genuinely free! You can buy SMS messages packs in the software if you so wish, but the actually system.. nope. No catch, none of the usual "free until you've got more than 2 clients" restrictions. Free. Nil, Nada, Zilch.. does that cover it? ;)

I use it and it is good, although I've sent 3 separate emails to their customer support team and heard zilch back even though I've had read receipts so I'm on the lookout for another one now as its not filling me with confidence!

Sorry to hear that Metamorfosis - we've generally been quite quick in responding to most peoples request (take a look at our facebook comments!) - but if you're having problems getting a response, email me direct ([email protected]) and I'll get it looked into for you.

Last edited:
I've looked at it. It seems good. The only reason I can't use it is because I'm mobile and I want to be able to access it when I'm out and about and it doesn't really work to well on my phone but I think it works in an iPad. I think they are working on a phone view so I may switch over when that's available.

There's a geek on here called PreimerIan who works for them so he'll be able to give you any information you want to know.

Thanks - and yes, hopefully we should be getting a phone view; we obviously just don't want to take the current screen form and shrink it down, as it wouldn't be too helpful. We're looking to do a proper view, so it's something nice to use.

I started setting it up then noticed when booking colours you can't automatically booking in the cut etc which makes it more time consuming. So we don't use it.

Can you see my salon data if i were to join? is that why its free? x

Can you see my salon data if i were to join? is that why its free? x

Fundamentally, it's free because we saw a gap in the market. Yes, we have a more expensive product that has more features etc, but for a lot of companies starting out (especially with the way the financial world is in at the moment), spending money on a computerised system is way down the list of things to buy, in some instances not making the list at all.

This way, we're essentially giving back a little to the community that's helped us grow into the business we're running, and it hopefully means that people will continue to associate us with the best software tools to help them grow their business.

If required, we do have some level of access to your data, but this is only used so we can get an idea of usage stats across the board (i.e. we occasionally record how many appointments have been booked in SalonLite as a whole, not as an individual salon).

I hope that covers everything, sorry for the long response!

Hi, I use the Salonlite software and have found it quite good - and def free, but it doesn't do a lot of the things I want it to - very basic record cards, no DOB for clients, and the biggie for me - you can't book more than one treatment at a time. Thinking of looking at a paid for system and have looked at 2 but will now contact Premier Salon, as I like the fact that their online booking is free - a lot of companies you have to pay. Hope that helps!

Hi I tried using it tonight verrrry frustrating kept crashing had to reload page on my iPad every time I made a change or attempted to save something, unfortunately no good when yr busy trying to book a client in so needs a lot more work on it to instill my confidence I'm afraid :(

Hi I tried using it tonight verrrry frustrating kept crashing had to reload page on my iPad every time I made a change or attempted to save something, unfortunately no good when yr busy trying to book a client in so needs a lot more work on it to instill my confidence I'm afraid :(

I've replied to your private message - bit of an odd one, as it sounds like the iPad in this instance isn't recognising the orientation of the device, which we don't really have much control over.

If you raise a ticket via the site, our team will take a look and we'll get back to you :)

Hi York, I quite agree with you, nothing is free!! well nothing worth having anyway!!..
I'm currently 3 weeks in on trialing a new system my insurance company recommended called Vantage... So far it's doing everything they claim it does & I must say it's super easy!!! It's really good value compared to other software packages. Once the free trial period has ended I'm definately going to invest in keeping it.
It does everything I want it to and more. Has Mobile App so I can monitor my business from anywhere 24/7 via phone/iPad as well as via computer, Online access & appointment booking (clients can actually book online) 24/7. Easy marketing function & easy to follow business reports. They also have a really good help desk service.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have read on a different thread about Shorthand Manager. It's perfect for mobile. I've been using it for a few weeks an so far so good. Standard version is free which is all I need it for. And it is comparable with iPhone / iPad

Hi York, I quite agree with you, nothing is free!! well nothing worth having anyway!!..
I'm currently 3 weeks in on trialing a new system my insurance company recommended called Vantage... So far it's doing everything they claim it does & I must say it's super easy!!! It's really good value compared to other software packages. Once the free trial period has ended I'm definately going to invest in keeping it.
It does everything I want it to and more. Has Mobile App so I can monitor my business from anywhere 24/7 via phone/iPad as well as via computer, Online access & appointment booking (clients can actually book online) 24/7. Easy marketing function & easy to follow business reports. They also have a really good help desk service.

Little odd that you've posted that twice (out of your total of two posts), with exactly the same wording.. but of course I wouldn't like to cast aspersions and I'm sure you're just trying to let people know about your.. sorry, their paid-for product :)

ahem.. Anyway, to reiterate, Salonlite is entirely free, and we've heard very little other than positive feedback. It's free because we see it as an introduction to our other (paid) products, should you wish to take advantage of the extra features provided in the desktop versions. It's honestly that simple, and we're quite open about our logic behind it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Little odd that you've posted that twice (out of your total of two posts), with exactly the same wording.. but of course I wouldn't like to cast aspersions and I'm sure you're just trying to let people know about your.. sorry, their paid-for product :)

ahem.. Anyway, to reiterate, Salonlite is entirely free, and we've heard very little other than positive feedback. It's free because we see it as an introduction to our other (paid) products, should you wish to take advantage of the extra features provided in the desktop versions. It's honestly that simple, and we're quite open about our logic behind it.

3 times actually!!!! I'm just answering fellow geek questions and sharing info on a new product recomended to me, which I have found to be extreamly good!!! Ever heard of copy & paste?? Saves time typing you know!!!! :D

3 times actually!!!! I'm just answering fellow geek questions and sharing info on a new product recomended to me, which I have found to be extreamly good!!! Ever heard of copy & paste?? Saves time typing you know!!!! :D

Touche :) No problem with a bit of friendly competition - I'm fairly certain some people do indeed pretend not to be the company they're actually representing though, which is a bit sneaky.

Im mobile and I use 'my chair' on my iPhone and it works really well :)

I started setting it up then noticed when booking colours you can't automatically booking in the cut etc which makes it more time consuming. So we don't use it.

I agree we need to be able to input development time then automatically be able to book the cut in
However great product for free

Me too! I spent ages adding treatments but it will not allow me to book someone in, it just blocks out the time.

I have emailed them 3 times but no response. Clearly the system is free but the support isn't!

I have stuck to a simple old diary xx

Latest posts

Back