Free to roam between therapists policy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsHBeauty

Reaction score
Does anyone have a policy in place where clients are free to chop and change between clients.

That's nothing about ownership here.

I'm more thinking of a written policy for the staff handbook and a sign for clients.

Basically saying that there's no hard feelings about wanting to move to a different therapist for what ever reasons. Feel free to try us all out, and use us all as you wish, when you want. To give clients the flexibility.

My staff are part time and work half days each so when a client wants a specific time they try and book them in for themselves, they say the don't have that time, but if they were to say "Margaret is available at that time is that ok?" And clients feel secure in knowing no offence would be taken.

The hair and beauty industry is very stuck in its ways with therapists/stylists having "their" clients, and I understand why but I think a more convenient and open approach would be better.

Is this a positive thing to encourage?
Or is a negative?

I see it as a positive, but I may not be seeing the bigger picture.

Jemima :)

If clients get used to coming to the salon regardless of who they see it can only be a good thing long term for your business.

How many have suffered when a popular member of staff has left? How many clients suddenly cancel?

If your therapists are equally as good as each other it shouldn't really make a difference to the client.

I would give the clients the option when booking , just ask is there any one in particular you want to book with ? If they want someone in particular they will say and there not pushed then they will say I don't mind who I'm with . I personally would want to go to the same person because I know they would know what I like and I would be familiar with them JMHO

Latest posts

Back