FREE Websites. Has anyone used this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poshfloss

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have been searching for Free websites and come across this www.getbusinessonline.co.uk
It seems very good, I did ask a friend who is well into website design etc and he thought it is OK to get started with.
It is free, but just for one year.
Take a look and report back if you have time. All input appreciated. :hug:
Thanks in advance x x :hug: x x

No No and Treble No!

As far as free ones go, they're all terrible, and it means you end up with a gmail, aol or hotmail email address that doesn't look pretty at all.

If you're going for any free site, the have a look at "Weebly"

It looks as though the "engine" behind the GBBO websites has switched from Google Sites to Yola (the switch would have happened last month by the look of it).

If I'm not mistaken, Yola is one of the Flash-based free website engines, which isn't always as good for SEO as a bog standard HTML-based website.

On the plus side, I think it's easy enough to transfer the domain name away to someone else once you've registered it - so it would probably be worth giving them a go - and if they're not much cop, transfer the domain away to another company (e.g. 123-reg) and try another of the free website providers, or something a bit better...

first did my website with yola but found wix so much better. its easier to use and lots of material at hand

Hi there,

My business partner started a website on moonfruit but there is only so much nfo you can add on there so i started one on weebly, it's good for getting started and easy to use. Just waiting now on my business partner finishing off her sections on the site then we are done, hope this helps :)

www.gemininailsandtan.weebly.com

Hi, I haven't used that site before but I have just made my own free site at webs.com

Home - Lashed Beaute & Relaxation Therapy by Jo

Its very basic but they do have options to upgrade your site to a premium package, but that costs you. Mine was completely free (its not finished yet) xx

Latest posts

Back